rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 2 Followers

beolit39
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Silver Member
beolit39 posted on Tue, Apr 7 2020 2:54 PM

Hello Everyone,

As a strong ML fan (especially given the direction B&O is going in about multiroom.... :-) ) that's my current B&O configuration: 

MAIN ROOM:

AUDIO "MASTER": BS7000 (Beomaster, CD, Beogram, Beocord) + PENTA3 + BEOSOUND ESSENCE MK2 (connected to "tape2" of Beomaster 7000) + Master Control Panel 6500

VIDEO "MASTER": BV 7 40 MK6 + BL7.1 + V8000 + HDR1 + WDTV + HUMAX HDR FOX T2 (as a BV7 internal dtv backup + recorder) + BEO 6

LINK ROOM 1:

BEOLAB 3500 + BEO4

LINK ROOM 2:

BEOVISION MX 7000 + BEO4

LINK ROOM 3

BEOLINK PASSIVE + CX100 + CONA

Getting curious about NL system, as I have never go deep into that until now, my general question is: what could I get ("more"? "different"?) if I disconnect the Essence MK2 from the audio master tape2 port  and connect it to a ML/NL converter (which would be attached to the existing ML network of course)?

In particular, how the "system management" would change (sources playing, sources configuration and sources availability.... via android apps and/or B&O remotes) ? 

PS:

As for my everyday use:

- On the Essence I mainly listen to TuneIn and DLNA (no streaming services) via B&O Android app

- I don't want to loose control of my analogue ML audio sources (eg.: phono, tape, FM radio...) from link rooms ......

Many many thanks for support.

mauro

All Replies

Top 200 Contributor
348 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Tue, Apr 7 2020 4:45 PM

Hi Mauro,

The NL/ML-Converter makes it possible to select e.g. tunein favourites with your Beo4 in the Link Rooms. Also, you start Deezer-playback from the link rooms.

beolit39
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Silver Member

Thanks 1990.

On a very general basis I have acquired the concept of controlling via Beo4 the NL side of the system using the ML/NL converter.

What I need to clarify is how.

I start from the point that (I assume) Beo4/BL1000 IR codes are limited anyway.

I try to be more specific; in my case buttons are assigned like the following (usable in any link room):

AUDIO

* RADIO - Beomaster 7000 radio FM

* CD - Beogram CD 7000

* TAPE - Beocord 7000

* PHONO / N.RADIO - Beogram 7000

* TAPE2 / N.MUSIC - Beosound Essence mk2 (all sources via the B&O android app)

VIDEO

* VMEM/VTAPE - HDR
DTV2/VAUX - Beocord V8000 
* DVD2/VTAPE2 - HUMAX hdr fox t2

* DVD/VCD - Beovision7 internal BLURAY

* TV - WesternDigitalTV (LINK+TV in the link room with the Beovision 7000)
CAMERA/CAMCORD - Beovision7 left side 
My principle is that I don't want to loose the control of any current ML sources from my link rooms.
Now, as for the NUMBER OF ML SOURCES, if with the NL/ML converter the total number of ML sources still must remain the same (ML ir codes...), in my case, (if I disconnect the BS Essence from the Beomaster and connect the Essence to a NL/ML converter) the TAPE2/N.MUSIC Beo4 button  will be made "available" and I will be able to assign it to one "new" specific sources of the BS Essence; but the PHONO/N.RADIO button will be still assigned to Beogram 7000 (which I don't want to loose in the link rooms...) and will not be made available to a new assignement anyhow.

That's one of the things I'm mainly afraid of thinking about the pros/cons of the switch to the converter, but I don't know if I'm right ...
mauro

beolit39
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Silver Member

and sorry for the layout of my message... it looked like perfect in the editor... Sad

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,652 Posts
Bronze Member

In your case, the NL/ML Converter would need to bet set as the V.MASTER. Which means that you would need to change your current beovision to V.SLAVE (option 6). You can then assign the Essence sources to video commands, such as TV, SAT, DVD, etc. You would no longer be able to access your Beovision sources from link rooms or from the A.MASTER since it would no longer be V.MASTER.

In order to use the N.RADIO and N.MUSIC commands instead for your Essence sources, you would need to assign the NL/ML Converter as SOURCE CENTER. However, this is only possible with a few of the newer ML audio products that support connecting a BeoSound 5 as the source center for those two sources to be used along with the sources of the A.MASTER. For example, the BeoCenter 2, BeoSound 4, and BeoSound MKIII support this. Your BM7000 would not support this.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL