rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 0 Followers

sia
Not Ranked
48 Posts
Bronze Member
sia posted on Tue, Apr 7 2020 12:41 PM

Two questions,

1- can Beoplay A1 be paired with several Bluetooth devices. I'm of course aware that only one Bluetooth device can be used actively.

2- I know that it is possible to pair one Beoplay A1 with a Bluetooth transmitter. My question is if it would be possible to pair two Beoplay A1s with one and same Bluetooth transmitter (since I for instant can't install the Beolink software on a Bluetooth transmitter).  

thanks

Sia

All Replies

lawrencejmcook
Top 200 Contributor
307 Posts
Founder
sia:

Two questions,

1- can Beoplay A1 be paired with several Bluetooth devices. I'm of course aware that only one Bluetooth device can be used actively.

2- I know that it is possible to pair one Beoplay A1 with a Bluetooth transmitter. My question is if it would be possible to pair two Beoplay A1s with one and same Bluetooth transmitter (since I for instant can't install the Beolink software on a Bluetooth transmitter).

thanks

Sia

Hi Sia,

1. You can pair an A1 with up to 5 (I think) Bluetooth devices. But you can only listen to one stream (source device) at a time.

While you’re streaming from one device, you can open the B&O app from another device and check / configure the A1 via Bluetooth, e.g. check the battery level.

2. If your objective is to play the same music to a pair of A1s, then pair the source to the first A1 and start streaming. Then use the B&O app to connect the second A1 to the first. You can make the play a single channel each (left on 1, right on 2) or play the full signal on both A1s.

Hope this helps.

Lawrence
sia
Not Ranked
48 Posts
Bronze Member
sia replied on Tue, Apr 7 2020 3:47 PM

Hi Lawrence and thank you for the reply.

I have two Beoplay A1s which I would like to connect to a Beosund Essence MK2 in stereo. I am thinking to buy a third party Bluetooth transmitter and connect it to the Essence. Since I cannot install the B&O app on the Bluetooth transmitter, I was thinking whether it would be possible to stereo pair two Beoplay A1s to a Bluetooth transmitter (without B&O app)?    

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,047 Posts
Bronze Member

Here is how to pair two A1’s (and others) without using the app.

https://youtu.be/85L837QinMQ

The biggest problem will be to find a decent transmitter.

Have you ever thought of using cables directly from the Essence - will give you more stable and overall better connection.

If....Steve @ SoundsHeavenly can help.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

lawrencejmcook
Top 200 Contributor
307 Posts
Founder
sia:

Hi Lawrence and thank you for the reply.

I have two Beoplay A1s which I would like to connect to a Beosund Essence MK2 in stereo. I am thinking to buy a third party Bluetooth transmitter and connect it to the Essence. Since I cannot install the B&O app on the Bluetooth transmitter, I was thinking whether it would be possible to stereo pair two Beoplay A1s to a Bluetooth transmitter (without B&O app)?

Hi Sia,

Yes, you can manually pair the two A1s to give stereo. The instructions are in the A1 user guide.

If you don’t have it, you can download it from the B&O site.

They will stay “stereo-paired” as long as they are powered. If you switch one or both off, then you will need to manually pair them again next time you use them. You can keep them powered by plugging them both into a USB charger.

Enjoy!

Lawrence
sia
Not Ranked
48 Posts
Bronze Member
sia replied on Tue, Apr 7 2020 11:03 PM

Thanks for the useful information. Since they loose the pairing if they are turned off, it might be better to, as millemissen suggested, use cables instead.

So a related question will then be, is there a way to wake up beoplay A1 remotely or see that it doesn’t turn off (assuming that it remains connected to charger?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL