rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

malhit
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
malhit posted on Mon, Apr 6 2020 1:56 PM

Hello!

I recently got my first B&O product which is Beoplay A1. Unfortunately I came across an issue when I'm using plugged into a computer via AUX cable. After 15 minutes it turns off, even though I'm playing music on it. It look like it doesn't recognize that it's playing through AUX cable. I have no such problem with Bluetooth connection.

Additional thing would be buzzing noise - both in idle and when playing music. I've read that this is apparently typical for this model, but it's still annoying. I can hear in idle and when playing something on low-medium volume.

I would love to hear if it looks like a faulty unit or is it just n" behaviour.

All Replies

tph
Top 500 Contributor
Finland
146 Posts
Bronze Member
tph replied on Mon, Apr 6 2020 5:11 PM

May I suggest connecting the speaker to your computer with the USB cable. The sound goes digitally all the way to the speaker and it's kept charged too at the same time.

The amplifier in the A1 does appear to have quite a high noise floor (my unit has this too), so unfortunately this will not address that issue.

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
807 Posts
Bronze Member

malhit:
After 15 minutes it turns off, even though I'm playing music on it.

Hi,

It may be i have the very same issue. I've a BPA1 hooked to an Airport Express in the bathroom and it sometimes cut off by itself.
I havent pay attention solar because either the shower was shorter than 15 min, either I assumed the battery was low.

Now you talk I think it may be this too.

Let me check and i'll come back to say. 

malhit
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
malhit replied on Tue, Apr 7 2020 11:26 AM

Hey,

thanks for the suggestion. I am considering it, but at the same time I'm afraid of ruining the battery life.

As for the high noise floor they B&O wrote me back, that I should send my unit to the service :/ but I'm not sure if it makes sense if that's the standard for this model.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL