Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 23 Replies | 1 Follower

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
212 Posts
Bronze Member
L Spad posted on Wed, Apr 1 2020 11:39 AM

Hi all,

for various reasons (mainly difficulties managing HD sources on the 7-32) I’ve decided it’s time for a new tv, preferably a Beovision. The key features I’m after are native HDMI inputs and ML connectivity. Support for the beoremote one would also be nice but not essential.

I’m struggling a bit with my selection because my wife is adamant that any screen above 32” is vulgar. I’ve tried to change her mind in this but it’s a no go so please bear that in mind with suggestions.

At the moment I’m using a Beovision 7-32 with a Beolab 7.1 and Beolab 6000s. The tv is linked to a masterlink network throughout the house, as well as a BLGW and home automation system. I don’t have a NL/ML converter but I’m not against getting one if the tv doesn’t have ML.

As far as I can see my options are

Beovision 7-32 mk5 - does it have the home control overlay?

beovision 10-32

beoplay v1-32

or as an outside option a beosystem 3 with a modern Sony/Samsung/LG 32” panel

grateful for thoughts on my best option here

Many thanks

Luke

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Jaffrey2230
Top 200 Contributor
Washington DC
306 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by L Spad

If you are serious about getting a 32 inch TV then the Beovision V1-32 is the best option. Unique industrial design that says - you wanted a 32 inch TV and that's it. At that size 4K and display technology does not matter. It will check off all your boxes :)

B&O products I use by zones in my home: 

Platform: Apple Home with Google Wi-fi (mesh), 100% streaming audio (Sirius XM, Apple Music, YouTube Music); TV/Office: Beolab 8002 (Red) + Beolab 2 [Sony 65A1E OLED TV, Apple TV 4K];  Living: Beoplay A9 (MK2), Bedroom: Beolab 6000 (Red) + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core [LG UST Projector, Apple TV 4K]; Beoplay M5 Dining: Apple HomePod; Portable: Beosound 1, Beoplay P6, BeoPlay H9 (3rd Gen). 

All Replies

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
807 Posts
Bronze Member

L Spad :
I’m struggling a bit with my selection because my wife is adamant that any screen above 32” is vulgar.

Hi,

I've been there too Big Smile.

That said, I believe you should compare measures. If you come from a BV7 (which has a very wide bezel), I think you can aim to a modern 40" with thin borders like the Horizon for instance.

- Edit -

BV 7/32 : 88 x 57 cm
BV Horizon : 91 x 62 cm

Samsung 40" : 91 x 53 (but they seems difficut to find, replaced by 43")

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
212 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the sympathy/solidarity 👍

I’ve tried the old thin bezel line but I’d didn’t wash unfortunately - I had a hard time arguing up from a 6-26 to the 7-32!

Good thought though 

DrDimitris
Top 150 Contributor
Greece
693 Posts
Founder

Get a Beosystem 3 latest version (3D) fully updated and your life is saved. Then you can hook up a BV7-32 MKV (as a screen only) or any other non-B&O screen and/or a projector without losing connectivity. I have done it and i am thrilled. 

Dimitris-

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
212 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Dimitris, I had thought the BS3 might be the most flexible solution. Out of interest, isn’t it quite complex operating your bv7 as a monitor for the BS3? I’d guess you need to have the BV7 in option 5 and the BS3 in option 1 or 2? Something like “link PC” to turn on the BV then source selection for the BS3? 

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,680 Posts
Founder

Considering the dimensions of the BV7. A BV10-40 on a floorstand would also be a nice option.

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
807 Posts
Bronze Member

Beobuddy:

Considering the dimensions of the BV7. A BV10-40 on a floorstand would also be a nice option.

I didn't mentioned it because it was more than 10 cm more wide and when it comes to the wife deciding, 10 cm start to be à lot Big Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,047 Posts
Bronze Member

Get a 7-32 with HDMI inputs......and your wife won’t even notice the change ;-))

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,047 Posts
Bronze Member

L Spad :

Thanks Dimitris, I had thought the BS3 might be the most flexible solution. Out of interest, isn’t it quite complex operating your bv7 as a monitor for the BS3? I’d guess you need to have the BV7 in option 5 and the BS3 in option 1 or 2? Something like “link PC” to turn on the BV then source selection for the BS3? 

Dimitris has described how he has done it here:

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/40202/298586.aspx#298586

MM 

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,680 Posts
Founder

matador43:

I didn't mentioned it because it was more than 10 cm more wide and when it comes to the wife deciding, 10 cm start to be à lot Big Smile

It's a matter of personal opinion, of course. But I don't think a 40" BV has a "vulgar" size.

The smallest centerspeaker underneath the BV7-32, would be a BL7-1 (unless if it's a BL7-4). That has a width of 1 meter. When you compare that with a BV10-40. Both have the same width's. You're only using the rather big surround black border for actual screen and add 10cm to it, indeed. And the amount of space the BV10 takes is the therefore the same.
I would argue for a bigger screen. The wifes get's pretty fast used to it. Put an ATV4 at the back and the wife will probably be pleased when she starts binchwatching during this virus-period. It would be  a win-win situation.

DrDimitris
Top 150 Contributor
Greece
693 Posts
Founder

Very easy. But you have to accept the following,

BSYS3 is in OPTION 1 and BV7-32 in OPTION 2

1) You wake up BV7-32 with different command (i use PC) - on BV7 IR

2)You wake up BSYS 3 with the respective command of the source you need (TV,DTV, VMEM, etc) on an external IR eye

3) You need a cheap IR reduced signal plastic for BEO4 (veeeeeeryyy helpful)

And you are good to go

Dimitris-

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
807 Posts
Bronze Member

Beobuddy:
I don't think a 40" BV has a "vulgar" size.

Me neither and I agree with you on all you said.

For me and my use, perfect size is 40" (and i'm happy with 26 in bedroom even if 32 would fit well too).
But my theory on the limite the lady put is that if your not very strict about it it will usually drift for a lot of reasons to the point of having to cope with a too big TV.
For instance when I bought my 40" (two years ago) I almost had to fight with the seller to have that size. He explained me very scientifically the very mathematical and intricate link between the screen size, the viewing distance, the color of neigbourh eyes, the global warming and the next presidency political color. After like 40 minutes (not inches) when i still wanted my 40 (inches not minutes) et dropped the case but take out all the offers and bonuses he gave me should i have bought a bigger screen.

To link back to the OP question, I believe the challenge is more to find a 32" or 40" TV still, if he want new.  

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
212 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and advice. Personally I’d be more than happy with anything up to 50” for the room in question, but my wife simply will not consider anything over 32” as I’ve previously said. 40” is a no go, I’ve made the same arguments set out here for a BV7-40 but she will not go for it.

it is interesting that in the question I explicitly asked about a number of 32” models, but I’ve not hard a lot of love for any of them - am I to assume that B&O don’t have any 32” models worthy of consideration? Didn’t MM have a Beoplay v1 - is that any good?

so far I’m leaning towards the Beosystem 3 solution, initially with my existing Beovision as a screen, but replacing that with a 3rd party panel in due course. Many thanks for that useful suggestion!

DrDimitris
Top 150 Contributor
Greece
693 Posts
Founder

I am a huge fan of BV7 looks. In retrospect i should have bought a BV7-40 back in 2005 but my wife thought at that time the same. Too big for our living room. I have someone who  mounts any non-B&O TV in the BV7-32 floor stand, still keeping the motorized function and your BL7-1! But the looks that i have seen from other customers...is just not right...

So i am happy for my BSYS3 addition for now, which vastly improved connectivity (much less cabling, image and sound processing) and made possible to keep Masterlink throughout my house.

Dimitris-

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
212 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Dimitris - you’ve sold the idea to me. I’m going to get the Beosystem 3. Thanks again for all your help

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL