BL8000 - Line in doesn't work

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Pixel
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
Pixel Confused [*-)] posted on Mon, Mar 30 2020 8:11 PM

I just purchased a pair of BL 8000 but none of them seem to work with line in. The LED lights red so they have power, but it won't go to green.

I've tried:

• 3,5 mm to RCA from my iPad and Mac on full volume
  • Apple TV gen 1 with fixed audio out

Both works on another speaker (subwoofer) i have.

As I understand it should also be enough to just touch the center on the RCA for the BL8000 to wake up?

I opened one of the speakers and it all looked fresh. One thing I noticed is that someone seems to have scratched the PCB. See image. They were isolated though.

Any ideas at all what I could test?

All Replies

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,563 Posts
Bronze Member
Have you set the switch to Line-in?

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beosound Stage....Beoplay S3....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

Pixel
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
Pixel replied on Tue, Mar 31 2020 5:39 AM

Good question! Forget to mention that. Yes, like a hundred times :) 

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,678 Posts
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Tue, Mar 31 2020 10:15 AM

Inside that circle it's just a powersupply connector.

The choice of music is made at the switchboard inside the cone. Not at the amplifier. So, if music comes through the powerlink and not via the RCA plug, then you should search at the small board where the switch is mounted. 

Bill Briscoe
Top 500 Contributor
Chicago, IL USA
103 Posts
Gold Member

Hi,

Are you able to test these using a power link cable? As I understand it, you're using RCA and you've tried and tested both of those cables with another speaker and they are good.

Have you tried to clean the contacts on the source sector switch with a good contact cleaner or just compressed air?

I find it's often a good idea to start with the most basic and simple checks first.

Pixel
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
Pixel replied on Tue, Mar 31 2020 12:59 PM

I don't have any powerlink cables to try with, but thinking about ordering a pair just to try. I've cleaned the contact without result.

DrDimitris
Top 150 Contributor
Greece
693 Posts
Founder

My advise is to use Steve at Sounds Heavenly when you get to cables. Always willing to solve your problems. Here is a link:

https://soundsheavenly.com

Dimitris-

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL