Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Core hook up to master link Active or PC link?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 0 Followers

expoman
Top 500 Contributor
174 Posts
Bronze Member
expoman posted on Sat, Mar 28 2020 10:39 PM

Has anyone tried to hook up a Core to a PC link or Beolink active?  I am trying to get Net Radio and Net Music sources. I'm using link player now on an old Mac laptop.  Just wondering how long that will continue to work?

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,041 Posts
Bronze Member

expoman:

Has anyone tried to hook up a Core to a PC link or Beolink active?  I am trying to get Net Radio and Net Music sources. I'm using link player now on an old Mac laptop.  Just wondering how long that will continue to work?

As for the PC Link part of the question, I have no ideas.

You can use the Beolink Active - see page 7

https://www.bang-olufsen.com/~/mediaV3/files/user-guides/BeoLinkActive/beolink-active_settingupguide_english.pdf

Steve at SoundsHeavenly is able to provide the right cable.

N.B. this will then be a local source, where the BL Actice is - however, you can also at rhe same time use the Core as a multiroom device (NL/AP2/CC), if it is connected to other NL/AP2/CC devices in your setup.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

expoman
Top 500 Contributor
174 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for your answer.  I was hoping the PC link might work as that is available all over the master link system.

I may just hook the Core up directly to the Beosound 9000 in Aux.  Then it would be available everywhere on the master link. 

AE

ebnrob
Not Ranked
South East England
62 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Expoman, 

I have an essence mk2, but I believe the same applies to the Core in that you can add an NL/ML converter to your setup to make 2 of the core's sources available over masterlink. The converter has to be setup in Beocenter mode. You'd then be able to assign TuneIn to the N.Radio source and Music (Deezer) to N.Music on masterlink. TuneIn presets are mapped to the beo4 keypad numbers over masterlink too so no need to use the mobile app. Airplay works too, it cant be assigned to a ML source, but all you have to do is start N.Radio for example, then start Airplay streaming to the Core/essence and it switches automatically.

Rob.

expoman
Top 500 Contributor
174 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Rob. I have a NL/ML converter I have not hooked up. I bought it to use with a beosystem 4 but ended up selling the BS4.  I have been using Linkplayer with thevPC link.  I really like it but now it’s getting cumbersome to use as I have keep an old MacBook running Linkplayer and iTunes on all the time because it will not wake up from a link room.  Even then sometimes it takes the link product 15-30 seconds to get sound?

expoman
Top 500 Contributor
174 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Rob. I have a NL/ML converter I have not hooked up. I bought it to use with a beosystem 4 but ended up selling the BS4.  I have been using Linkplayer with thevPC link.  I really like it but now it’s getting cumbersome to use as I have keep an old MacBook running Linkplayer and iTunes on all the time because it will not wake up from a link room.  Even then sometimes it takes the link product 15-30 seconds to get sound?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL