rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 0 Followers

perriama
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Silver Member
perriama posted on Fri, Mar 27 2020 6:04 PM

Hi Guys,

Recently acquired a Beovision9 (which I have paired with some Beolab 8000's) and loving the whole set-up. What a Television!

It seems to have been fully loaded with 3D, DVB etc. and I also think that the Beomaster option is installed?as there is the Ethernet port, two USB ports and a scart plug on the left hand side (as you look at the rear, along side the Beosystem3 module).

In my excitement, and following the manual, I have added the PC option to my BE04 (also noticed that on the overlay menu's within the TV/DTV sources within Connections, the PC option is greyed out on AV5).  But when selecting the Go button in PC mode on the BE04, from the TV being on standby, the Beovision9 switches on and displays PC on the top of the screen for a couple of seconds, then..... nothing?

Just wondering if the thing is fried? is there a way to do a hard reset? or if I'm going something incorrect? or if I'm totally mistaken and the option is not there?

Really appreciate your advise. 

Thanks

Andrew

All Replies

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
504 Posts
Bronze Member
This is the default for a connected beomaster 5 or beomedia. Take off the surround and speaker cover to see if one resides therein.
perriama
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Silver Member

Thanks for the information Barry, 

I'll take a look tomorrow and see what lurks within.

Andrew

perriama
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Silver Member
perriama replied on Sun, Mar 29 2020 10:30 AM

Dismantled the BV9 yesterday, which was surprisingly easy to do, and low and behold a Beomedia1 model type 1750 was sitting to the lower right.

Unfortunately, after testing, seems that it has had a motherboard failure, with the BIOS screen requesting a new CPU configuration.

Have been thinking of replacing it with a later model Type 1752 or even the Beomaster 5?

My question would be, what is the major differences between the 1750 and 1752? 

Thanks

Andrew

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
504 Posts
Bronze Member
There was an upgrade kit for installing a BM5 into the BV9. I obtained one and put it in.
perriama
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Silver Member

Thanks Barry,

I'll see about getting on of these and go for the BM5.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,680 Posts
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Mon, Mar 30 2020 10:48 AM

The BM5 needs a different set of cables. It's needed to attach the BS5 also, if you have one.

I haven't seen a faulty motherboard in a BM1 so far, but a common problem with these are the powersupply's which are placed on the ATX connector.
Replace all capacitors and there is a big change that the BM1 comes to live.

The 1752 has a slightly different entrance for the powersupply. It has a coil to avoid interference, which can influence the music sometimes. 

perriama
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Silver Member

Thanks Beobuddy,

I presumed that it was the motherboard, as the BIOS screen was complaining about having a new CPU added? on further inspection, there was also a disk error on the SYSTEM partition of the HDD. Some clusters were damaged, so ran chkdsk /f /r, with fingers crossed and imported the entire disk into a VM to see what further issues may exist. Entered the rescue partion and ran the repair function. I will pop it onto a 1TB 3.5 " 7200rpm disk. Has anyone managed to migrate to an SSD?

I have read about the capacitors and the upgrade to 1000u /16, so will also do that.

As the BV9 came equipped with the Beomedia1, the power supply plug is part of the loom/backboard of the TV, so hoping that nothing in there is damaged.

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
504 Posts
Bronze Member
But that BM1 power supply may need changing anyway
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL