Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beoremote Halo, the future B&O remote control

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 593 Replies | 10 Followers

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
191 Posts
Bronze Member
jvezina posted on Fri, Mar 6 2020 3:56 PM

The FCC has released information about the table version

https://fccid.io/TTU-HALOTABLE

Have a nice day,

Jean

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
525 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by poodleboy
I saw the Halo at my dealer on Saturday, and although I was already intrigued since the first leaked video it didn’t disappoint at all, knowing that some people do not like it.

I would have a very limited use-case for my BS1, as my other B&O products are too old, but I still want to have one. That it is a great achievement.

There is probably no good rationale explanation why one would spend ca 700$ on a volume remote control. I am now having tough discussions with the FS (wife), as she states ‘you buy Halo I say Hejdå (goodbye) Big Smile

And then my dealer came up with the great idea that I need a Core as well for my BS9000 😀

I love his enthusiasm.

“I have to work on my core” I tell my wife in return Smile

To be continued, and please do see the Halo IRL it is amazingly cool.

All Replies

65535:
Speaking of such, the B&O app does feel like the B&O team are at least trying to keep things on the boil, whereas the Yamaha apps are terribly rated (both are 2-star with exasperated reviews) and something of a disincentive for anyone thinking about what to buy in the sales!

Damn that's too bad. The hardware for the WXC-50 gets great reviews. The software is also A LOT easier to use than the terrible B&O apps. I'm a UX designer for apps for 20 years now and the Yamaha software is better than B&O's in every way other than its not as pretty.

--

BeoLab 18's. Beolab 3's. A8. A9. A2. H7.

Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member
65535 replied on Thu, Dec 31 2020 4:11 PM

The Yamaha app which accompanies their digital pianos is also 2-star bad.

Ditto Roland, Casio et al who for whatever reason just don't know how to polish their software either.

In addition to stereo gear have also had a number of Yamaha motorcycles in my time so it's not as though my brand allegiance is in question Big Smile

driehoek
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Bronze Member
driehoek replied on Wed, Feb 17 2021 10:14 PM

I realize the software of halo is not yet finished and hardware might be capable of more. 

Does anybody know if a microphone is included in the halo?

Would be cool if in future software release voice control (through Google voice assistant) would be included like in beosound1/2 and level/balance.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,852 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Feb 18 2021 12:07 PM

driehoek:

I realize the software of halo is not yet finished and hardware might be capable of more. 

Does anybody know if a microphone is included in the halo?

Would be cool if in future software release voice control (through Google voice assistant) would be included like in beosound1/2 and level/balance.

The FCC diagrams indicate a microphone. However, this initial Halo definitely does not have one. There is an area where the microphone would be that has a different texture of plastic -- which makes one wonder if this might be a "placeholder" for where a microphone could be in future generations.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,573 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Thu, Feb 18 2021 12:18 PM
beojeff:

The FCC diagrams indicate a microphone. However, this initial Halo definitely does not have one. There is an area where the microphone would be that has a different texture of plastic -- which makes one wonder if this might be a "placeholder" for where a microphone could be in future generations.

Modern microphones does not need a perforation it simply listens through the plastic. This is how AirPods and iPhone headset cable microphone works.

If there is a microphone present on the back of the plastic then it might be activated in the future.

But knowing B&O they may use google assistant and then they probably will market one with and one without, perhaps.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

BeoJosh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi All, I woke up this morning to my three Halos telling me they had a software update to 1.2.3547. Does anyone know what if any additional functionality this update provides?

VANTAGE
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member

I read from a user on a Danish website that it now works with Beosound Balance and Beosound Level as well. I cannot confirm this, as I have none of these products.

Current: Beovision Eclipse 65" v1 - Beolab 50 - Beolab 28 - 2 x BS2 (GVA) - 1 x BS1 (GVA) - Beoremote Halo - H9i

Past:

Beovision MX4000 - Beovision 3-32 - Beovision 7-55

Beosound 9000 - Beosound 5 / Beomaster 5

Beolab 6000 - Beolab 8000 - Beolab 5 - Beolab 3 - Beolab 17

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,158 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Apr 28 2021 6:07 PM
Mine also updated

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
204 Posts
Gold Member

Mine updated last night, and I see no way to control my Level.  Perhaps it also needs a beta version of the upcoming product software which will add Beolink Multiroom support to those products.

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 2x Beolab 6000 • 1x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2
Integrated:  1x Beosound Level • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  11x Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

Page 40 of 40 (594 items) « First ... < Previous 36 37 38 39 40 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL