Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beoremote Halo, the future B&O remote control

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 609 Replies | 9 Followers

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Montreal, Canada
192 Posts
Gold Member
jvezina posted on Fri, Mar 6 2020 3:56 PM

The FCC has released information about the table version

https://fccid.io/TTU-HALOTABLE

Have a nice day,

Jean

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
534 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by poodleboy
I saw the Halo at my dealer on Saturday, and although I was already intrigued since the first leaked video it didn’t disappoint at all, knowing that some people do not like it.

I would have a very limited use-case for my BS1, as my other B&O products are too old, but I still want to have one. That it is a great achievement.

There is probably no good rationale explanation why one would spend ca 700$ on a volume remote control. I am now having tough discussions with the FS (wife), as she states ‘you buy Halo I say Hejdå (goodbye) Big Smile

And then my dealer came up with the great idea that I need a Core as well for my BS9000 😀

I love his enthusiasm.

“I have to work on my core” I tell my wife in return Smile

To be continued, and please do see the Halo IRL it is amazingly cool.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,080 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Sandyb replied on Mon, Sep 13 2021 9:05 PM
Verified by Dion

Which is why I have cut out any B&O control from my music / radio listening - only the speakers remain.

Roon is my control interface - if I must use an iDevice, then at least Roon's interface and software work extremely well - and at times the Linn app(s) too, as I have a Linn streamer / DAC in my main room. The Linn app even shows me a lot of my podcast feeds from TuneIn!

Yes, Roon and a Linn streamer is expensive, but newsflash, so is B&O.

The Halo's design / form factor limits how useful I can ever get.  The screen is too small for searching / browsing in the end. Which implies it was only ever going to be a volume control and starter for predefined experiences. Fine for those who are happy with just that. But with the Moment gone, they're telling you to use your phone / tablet for everything else. In which case, if I am generally constantly having to use my iPad for example, what use is a 700 pound / euro volume dial?

Severed_Hand_of_Skywalker:

The Moment was proof that B&O has no Clue when it comes to software and is why I am so scared to buy a halo now with the "promise" that it will be more useful in the future. They couldn't even get the Moment to work with base features after 2 years of trying. 

All Replies

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
586 Posts
Bronze Member

I have more than one iPad, in this photo I have this one usually sitting in this stand
Very funky style, definitely deserves to be in the "Flash your B&O" thread!  Is the app running on that display-only(/mostly) iPad Yamaha's?  And is it somehow magically doing "bouncing ball lyrics" or is that highlighted line just by accident or programmer-style?

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
303 Posts
Bronze Member

I LOVE this look! Reminded me of the bar in "A Clockwork Orange" in 2020. Brilliant!

Ha thanks. That app on the iPad at the moment was Apple Music and it plays through airplay to the Yamaha/B&O speakers.

This is the Yamaha amp if anyone is interested. Works perfectly all the time. Cheap too.

--

BeoLab 18's. Beolab 3's. A8. A9. A2. H7.

Couple other points.

Rather than looking for the Halo Lunchbox in whatever room you left it in, everyone usually has their phone in their pocket which you can use to control the music. In addition to that there is also a Mac Toolbar app so I can always control all my speakers from my iMac all over the house.  And I also use Hue lIghts to dynamically change the lighting for time of day :)

From my usage there is ZERO advantages by taking the B&O ecosystem route. I love their speakers, hate their software.

--

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
641 Posts
Bronze Member

You prefer iPad on IKEA, I don't. 

AnalogPlanet:

Thats cool. Can I see your setup?

--

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
586 Posts
Bronze Member
trackbeo replied on Wed, Dec 30 2020 12:54 AM

Works perfectly all the time. Cheap too.
That WXC-50 looks like a suitable alternative to the Sonos Port, *IF*...  Did they update your software to support AirPlay2?  Or did they cheap out and use the free Linux AirPlay (1) software?  Otherwise you have to use two apps to get multi-room.  Not a complaint, just wondering.
AnalogPlanet:
Wait, is *any* of that Ikea?  I like the "Giraffa" lamp (Oohh, lamps!) -- reminds me of the 1970s when there were audio-industry-made turntable cueing lamps.  I would be very surprised if either of those lamps or the lockers (or a silver swordfish or white ceramic rhino!) were available for my blue&yellow cart...

trackbeo:

Works perfectly all the time. Cheap too.
That WXC-50 looks like a suitable alternative to the Sonos Port, *IF*...  Did they update your software to support AirPlay2?  Or did they cheap out and use the free Linux AirPlay (1) software?  Otherwise you have to use two apps to get multi-room.  Not a complaint, just wondering.
AnalogPlanet:
Wait, is *any* of that Ikea?  I like the "giraffe" lamp (Oohh, lamps!) -- reminds me of the 1970s when there were audio-industry-made turntable cueing lamps.  I would be very surprised if either of those lamps or the lockers (or a silver swordfish or white ceramic rhino!) were available for my blue&yellow cart...

Thanks. Actually just the cabinet is ikea. But you know someone had to give punchy feedback ;)

--

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
586 Posts
Bronze Member

Thats cool. Can I see your setup?
He did the (pre-Contour) Stage w/C9 mount on a BV7 stand.  For the decor, see his second post:  https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/227.aspx?PageIndex=129

RichardIII
Not Ranked
56 Posts
Bronze Member

Totally off subject, I would really like to know which lamp this "giraffe" is. It looks great!

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
12,988 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Dec 30 2020 9:30 AM

RichardIII:

Totally off subject, I would really like to know which lamp this "giraffe" is. It looks great!

This one:

http://pablo.pablodesigns.com/product/giraffa#overview

Martin

Sadly no to airplay 2, apparently airplay 2 needs dual Band WIFI which this does not have. I use ethernet anyway.

But even with airplay 2 you still have to stream your content OFF an iOS device rather than just having the receiver play it internally. So in my case since I listen to internet radio 90% of the time I just have it play off the Yamaha and tell it to musiccast to 3 compatible receivers in the condo. 

--

Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member
65535 replied on Wed, Dec 30 2020 7:48 PM

I have a mothballed RX-S601D in the eaves cupboard with four years of dust resting on its lid, the awfulness of Yamaha's AV Controller and MusicCast Controller apps part of the reason I gave up.

At the time I chucked it into the cupboard it all felt too half-baked and proprietary for my liking, and looking at the two app stores today I'm really not sure much has changed. The Yamaha duo remain some of the worst rated big name apps you can download: the former last updated pre-virus and the latter having the cobwebs blown from it when iOS 14 appeared in the summer.

I have to confess that from investigating and tinkering with the competition they ALL fall strangely way short of what I would consider ideal. Strange because the accompanying hardware is so expensive. You can't help but wonder if owners really are more interested in look rather than feel.

Speaking of such, the B&O app does feel like the B&O team are at least trying to keep things on the boil, whereas the Yamaha apps are terribly rated (both are 2-star with exasperated reviews) and something of a disincentive for anyone thinking about what to buy in the sales!

CanadianViking
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

Norwin:

Thanks, updated now. Still I can only have one Deezer playlist as favorite stored and not more. Am I the only one or are there more out there with same issue (might be by design though but not sure)

Same issue here - hope it's not 'by-design' but something they can address in the next update. Love my wall-mounted Halo so far  (connected to a Shape)!

CanadianViking
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

Norwin:

Thanks, updated now. Still I can only have one Deezer playlist as favorite stored and not more. Am I the only one or are there more out there with same issue (might be by design though but not sure)

Same issue here - hope it's not 'by-design' but something they can address in the next update. Love my wall-mounted Halo so far  (connected to a Shape)!

Page 39 of 41 (610 items) « First ... < Previous 37 38 39 40 41 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL