Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beoremote Halo, the future B&O remote control

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 586 Replies | 9 Followers

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
184 Posts
Gold Member
jvezina posted on Fri, Mar 6 2020 3:56 PM

The FCC has released information about the table version

https://fccid.io/TTU-HALOTABLE

Have a nice day,

Jean

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,643 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by elliotsen

Might take (up to) 180 days before we know anything further.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
508 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by poodleboy
I saw the Halo at my dealer on Saturday, and although I was already intrigued since the first leaked video it didn’t disappoint at all, knowing that some people do not like it.

I would have a very limited use-case for my BS1, as my other B&O products are too old, but I still want to have one. That it is a great achievement.

There is probably no good rationale explanation why one would spend ca 700$ on a volume remote control. I am now having tough discussions with the FS (wife), as she states ‘you buy Halo I say Hejdå (goodbye) Big Smile

And then my dealer came up with the great idea that I need a Core as well for my BS9000 😀

I love his enthusiasm.

“I have to work on my core” I tell my wife in return Smile

To be continued, and please do see the Halo IRL it is amazingly cool.

All Replies

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
113 Posts
Bronze Member
Well, it is disabled in the setup of the Essence, but still shows up
mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,771 Posts
Gold Member

Rudi Pedersen:
Well, it is disabled in the setup of the Essence, but still shows up

Is Qplay shown as a source when you look through the B&O App?

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
113 Posts
Bronze Member
mbolo01:

Is Qplay shown as a source when you look through the B&O App?

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

No, on the App it is gone

But Line-in is shown on the App despite it is disabled
mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,771 Posts
Gold Member
Rudi Pedersen:

But Line-in is shown on the App despite it is disabled

I checked on my side and indeed, I forgot that the app does not look at what’s defined in the local sources and looks elsewhere in the product.

The Essence Remote takes care of the Local sources, the Halo seems to do something else if it brings Qplay while the app don’t .... I have no idea then, sorry.

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
154 Posts
Gold Member

ngnear:
I would certainly use nylon wall plugs in a brick or concrete wall. Plasterboard needs special wall plugs or there is a danger of the screws working loose after time.

I have had all of mine mounted to plasterboard with screws and no plugs for years without the slightest hint of trouble.  I don't think plugs are needed at all.

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 1x Beolab 6000 • 1x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2 • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  9x Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,819 Posts
Bronze Member

I see that the rumored champagne anodized finish is being used for the BeoGram 4000c. I wonder if we'll see a BeoRemote Halo in champagne in the near future. That would be nice.

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
113 Posts
Bronze Member
MrAndersen:

First up, I'm glad that you are keeping us on our toes, keep it coming! 1 bug in a released product is 1 bug too many. If I must defend us a bit (and I must), some things are just not found until the products are in the hands of many users. What we try to do is to react as fast as possible and get the fixes on the street. 1 day after launch I think is OK in terms of speed, I can never be faster than you guys though. You seem to have it the day the boxes arrive in the store

That said we should definitely be better at testing with end-users before launch to prevent as many bugs as possible to be let out into the world. It is hard and resource heavy, but we have a group looking at it.

Happy testing, and as I said, keep it coming good or bad.

Best regards

Thomas, Bang & Olufsen

Hi Thomas

Do you know why the Halo shows local sources that is unchecked in the product and not shown in the App

Best regards Rudi
Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,754 Posts
Gold Member
Its probably earlier stages in sw, as in that’s why it’s still there

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

suneetjulka
Not Ranked
26 Posts
Bronze Member

I’d like to see the Halo remote be able to control the Avant 55, it has NL and is on the same network so can’t see why it can’t do it?!

Beoplay M3, Beosound 1, Beosound Balance, Avant 55, BeoVision 7-40 with BeoLab 7.2, Beosound Stage with LG CX and some headphones

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
221 Posts
Bronze Member
laseralex:

I have had all of mine mounted to plasterboard with screws and no plugs for years without the slightest hint of trouble. I don't think plugs are needed at all.

2x Beosound Moment 4x Beosound Essence Mk II 3x Beolab 8000 1x Beolab 6000 1x Beolab 3 3x Beolab 2 4x BeoPlay M5 1x BeoPlay A6 9x Essence Remote

I‘m an Engineer!

Anything with a safety factor less than 10 is inherently life threatening. Big Smile
Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,875 Posts
Bronze Member

Dont hold your breath, it will a long time (perhaps never), that the Halo will control the Avant/

Its a music remote after all, and while the Harmony and Eclipse (because of their in built sources I think, and / or their AP capability), its perhaps not surpassing that the Halo can control them. 

Of course, the app can control the Avant, so the question is understandable.

But I wouldn't expect anything soon, at least not in the next 6 months.

suneetjulka:

I’d like to see the Halo remote be able to control the Avant 55, it has NL and is on the same network so can’t see why it can’t do it?!

Beoplay M3, Beosound 1, Beosound Balance, Avant 55, BeoVision 7-40 with BeoLab 7.2, Beosound Stage with LG CX and some headphones

HH1971
Not Ranked
55 Posts
Bronze Member
HH1971 replied on Sun, Oct 11 2020 7:22 PM

AnalogPlanet:

...and all that is "fine". (no, not really)

But that is what's driving my decision as a customer. So I won't be buying a Halo, even if I can afford it as an impuls buy. Let's see how this waiting game works for B&O, how many disappointed ex-customers they can afford before they collapse. Enthusiasts can't run brand's profitability.

I totally agree.
Lets wait and see if the BeoRemote Halo will be the next product in a long row that is discontinued before the software is working as promised.
To be a Beta Tester with the risk to end up with electronics scrap, B&O is too expensive for me.

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
219 Posts
Silver Member
I have noticed that B&O have updated their Halo support page with supported products:

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049745891-Which-products-can-be-controlled-by-my-Beoremote-Halo-

Harmony and Eclipse are no longer on the list, and sw-versions have been updated as well.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,771 Posts
Gold Member
Dyssegaard:

and sw-versions have been updated as well.

With current versions, where the initial post had higher version numbers.

Antonius Robin Iriawan
Not Ranked
Jakarta, Indonesia
79 Posts
Bronze Member

Dyssegaard:
I have noticed that B&O have updated their Halo support page with supported products:

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049745891-Which-products-can-be-controlled-by-my-Beoremote-Halo-

Harmony and Eclipse are no longer on the list, and sw-versions have been updated as well.

I asked about the next software update to connect with BeoRemote Halo and the customer service answered that they had waited for 2 months. They claimed that the new software would arrive soon but no specific date

Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, 감사합니다
Antonius Robin Iriawan, 로빈 올림

Beosound 35, Beoplay H5, and Beoplay Earset 3i

Page 32 of 40 (587 items) « First ... < Previous 30 31 32 33 34 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL