Jean

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
500 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by poodleboy
I saw the Halo at my dealer on Saturday, and although I was already intrigued since the first leaked video it didn’t disappoint at all, knowing that some people do not like it.

I would have a very limited use-case for my BS1, as my other B&O products are too old, but I still want to have one. That it is a great achievement.

There is probably no good rationale explanation why one would spend ca 700$ on a volume remote control. I am now having tough discussions with the FS (wife), as she states ‘you buy Halo I say Hejdå (goodbye) Big Smile

And then my dealer came up with the great idea that I need a Core as well for my BS9000 😀

I love his enthusiasm.

“I have to work on my core” I tell my wife in return Smile

To be continued, and please do see the Halo IRL it is amazingly cool.

All Replies

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,112 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:
How are we to understand the table, you’ve found, then?
I interpreted it as the up-coming sw updates. 

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,721 Posts
Gold Member
Hopefully NL multiroom, as well as AP over NL multiroom, will survive the coming update.

My products are set for manual updates since a while now.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
309 Posts
Bronze Member
StKong replied on Mon, Sep 28 2020 12:18 AM
mbolo01:

Hopefully NL multiroom, as well as AP over NL multiroom, will survive the coming update.

Yes.

Have there been any such indications?
mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,624 Posts
Bronze Member
My Halo does not take charge from B&O charger padErm..

My iphone works!

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
309 Posts
Bronze Member
StKong replied on Mon, Sep 28 2020 7:48 AM
mr_anders_son:

My Halo does not take charge from B&O charger pad

My iphone works

Probably too low a wattage. Try with a stronger adapter, eg. for an iPad.
Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,665 Posts
Gold Member

mine works fine with a generic QI charger attached to my pc

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,215 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Sep 28 2020 8:34 PM

My Halo arrived.

Decent. Fairly basic though, in my opinion. You can choose your connected speaker, adjust the volume, create a few presets and so on. You can't browse music, you can't see album tracks or anything in, say, a Spotify playlist.

But, it does what it says on the tin. If you want a quick volume controller this does the job and does it well.

Worth £700? No way. £400 max.

Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
1,049 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Mon, Sep 28 2020 8:58 PM

I really love the Halo.

I only have IR products, but i think it’s time to invest in some Multiroom speakers! 😀

A true B&O product. As Moxxey said, 750€ is very expensive, but B&O is expensive... 😔

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,116 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Tue, Sep 29 2020 12:32 AM
I wish my Halo would arrive. Dealer is waiting for his stock to arrive. I am beginning g to wonder if US release is behind the rest of the world. The app still does not show the Halo and shows no update available. Anyone in the US have one?

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,215 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Sep 29 2020 6:24 AM

Razlaw:
I wish my Halo would arrive. 

I thought you said you cancelled it as it doesn't support many of your devices? Not convinced I'd get one if I was playing my BL50s and it couldn't control the volume.

The Halo just reminds me of a sphere BeoRemote One. Similar screen, idea and materials. Just 3x the price.

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
309 Posts
Bronze Member
StKong replied on Tue, Sep 29 2020 7:21 AM
moxxey:

I thought you said you cancelled it as it doesn't support many of your devices? Not convinced I'd get one if I was playing my BL50s and it couldn't control the volume.

The Halo just reminds me of a sphere BeoRemote One. Similar screen, idea and materials. Just 3x the price.

My initial impressions are that this thing can do an awful lot, but for anyone else then he who has set up the system, all the dis-payed linked sources (with long names) makes it quite a cluttered affair to control intuitively.

I look forward to coming updates.

Having got the impression from the Balance and other indicators that network link was a dead protocol, I am thrilled with this new tool that makes NL very much alive.
mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,721 Posts
Gold Member

StKong:
I am thrilled with this new tool that makes NL very much alive.

The remote function and the NL Multiroom are two different and independent things I'm afraid.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,215 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Sep 29 2020 9:15 AM

StKong:

My initial impressions are that this thing can do an awful lot

Really? No more than the BeoRemote One? I was playing with mine last night. Fairly limited. Or am I missing something.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,795 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Sep 29 2020 10:44 AM

Razlaw:
I wish my Halo would arrive. Dealer is waiting for his stock to arrive. I am beginning g to wonder if US release is behind the rest of the world. The app still does not show the Halo and shows no update available. Anyone in the US have one?

I'm in the US and received my first one (bronze table) last Thursday on the launch date. I just ordered my second one (bronze table) yesterday. It seems that the color choice could have something to do with the availability. If you look at the B&O website, it shows the natural and brass table models are sold out. However, the bronze table model and all colors of the wall model are available.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,795 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Sep 29 2020 10:55 AM

beojeff:

Razlaw:

I'm in the US and received my first one (bronze table) last Thursday on the launch date. I just ordered my second one (bronze table) yesterday. It seems that the color choice could have something to do with the availability. If you look at the B&O website, it shows the natural and brass table models are sold out. However, the bronze table model and all colors of the wall model are available.

Update: This morning, the B&O site shows the brass table model as being available again. It wasn't available last night.

Page 24 of 36 (529 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL