Jean

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
496 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by poodleboy
I saw the Halo at my dealer on Saturday, and although I was already intrigued since the first leaked video it didn’t disappoint at all, knowing that some people do not like it.

I would have a very limited use-case for my BS1, as my other B&O products are too old, but I still want to have one. That it is a great achievement.

There is probably no good rationale explanation why one would spend ca 700$ on a volume remote control. I am now having tough discussions with the FS (wife), as she states ‘you buy Halo I say Hejdå (goodbye) Big Smile

And then my dealer came up with the great idea that I need a Core as well for my BS9000 😀

I love his enthusiasm.

“I have to work on my core” I tell my wife in return Smile

To be continued, and please do see the Halo IRL it is amazingly cool.

All Replies

Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
1,026 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Sat, Aug 29 2020 3:47 PM

That would be great! I am very curious about the halo...Embarrassed

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,097 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Aug 29 2020 11:20 PM
I am looking forward to it. My dealer has said he will notify me as soon as they are available for order.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
537 Posts
Gold Member

I was told it will be in the next few weeks, will have the three choice buttons as the beoremote 1, would not be a complete replacement for a Beoremote but something to sit along side but will be able to control a V1 or BV11!

had a quick look at the pictures but only a very quick glance! but does look good and think they said it would be around £750.

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,585 Posts
Gold Member
It’s only BT or IP, not IR.

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,782 Posts
Bronze Member

Since NL BeoVisions/BeoSystem 4 can be controlled by the B&O app, I can see how they could still be controlled by the Halo even without IR.

Normann
Top 500 Contributor
261 Posts
Bronze Member

And I've heard it will have wifi, maybe not at release but in future update..Will be in the shop in October, that's what I has been told..

MJ
Not Ranked
52 Posts
Bronze Member
MJ replied on Wed, Sep 16 2020 9:34 PM

The wait is almost over! The FCC filing for the Beoremote Halo has exceeded the 'short time confidentially' before official launch. Not very well managed, however you can find the somewhat beta-manual and external photo's here and here

Interesting is an approximate sensor, touch screen, four favorite buttons on the screen and easy source selection. Looks promising! :-)

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,654 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Sep 16 2020 10:34 PM
MJ:

Looks promising! :-)

Looks like the B&O app surrounded by an alu ring.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,782 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Sep 16 2020 11:13 PM

My dealer has said that the Halo at launch will just have the features of an Essence Remote at launch but that it will become a full-featured remote in coming months. This seems consistent with the initial manual. The true test for me will be if it can connect to an NL/ML Converter via NL and offer access of the mapped sources.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,782 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Sep 17 2020 11:26 AM

In the "internal photos" there is a switch for MIC on/off.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,432 Posts
Bronze Member

since it has a proximity sensor built-in, it does not seem to be an ‘allways-on-device’.

I’d prefer to let it show me, what is currently playing (from the choosen source, of corse)....just like I can now with my for the app dedicated Ipad Mini’s.

Wonder if that can be choosen....when the remote is connected to the mains.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Curly
Top 500 Contributor
FL, USA
85 Posts
Gold Member
Curly replied on Thu, Sep 17 2020 1:30 PM

Beautiful piece. Made in China, apparently. I think I prefer to just use my phone/tablet and have one less device around the house but it is beautiful and creative.

Currently: BeoSound Core, BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,064 Posts
Bronze Member
Curly:

Beautiful piece. Made in China, apparently. I think I prefer to just use my

phone/tablet

made in China?Big Smile

Curly
Top 500 Contributor
FL, USA
85 Posts
Gold Member
Curly replied on Thu, Sep 17 2020 3:35 PM

That’s what it says on the product sticker on the rear of the device!

Curly
Top 500 Contributor
FL, USA
85 Posts
Gold Member
Curly replied on Thu, Sep 17 2020 3:37 PM

Ah, yes, my Apple products are as well. :)

I just didn’t know B&O had gone to China for manufacturing. I thought it was all made in Denmark or Czech Republic. Not passing a judgment on quality of Chinese items, only indicating surprise.

Page 8 of 34 (498 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL