Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beosound 3200 find serial number/owner (no receipt or sticker)

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Romoga2020
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Romoga2020 posted on Mon, Feb 24 2020 1:32 PM

Hi Beoworld and thanks you letting me join the community.

After cleaning my parents old house i saw they got a Beosound 3200 they werent using anymore. Upon booting it, it required a pin code to get it working, and asked them for it, but they couldn't remember it, and it was bought some years back (probably why it wasnt in use).

I read that if you got the receipt or serial number you can get a master code, but my parents didn't get a receipt from the seller. And the sticker on the back were the serial number should be is faded and blank, so to no use for the serial number.

I have tried getting in contact with B&O but they seemed rather confused about it, and wasn't sure if they could reset it without receipt or serial number.

... so I'm asking here to hear if anybody has been in a similar situation. Is there really nothing to do to get the serial number or maybe find the original buyer? I just think it would be a shame to trash it.   

All Replies

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,638 Posts
Founder

The serial number can be obtained by entering the servicemenu with the temporary servicecode. The dealer should be aware of that.

Romoga2020
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

That was definitely not something i was informed about at the store. I will plan a visit to the store again, and inform them about this. Thanks for the reply.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL