rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,638 Posts
Founder
Beobuddy posted on Sun, Feb 23 2020 1:03 PM

For the past years I advised the Chromecast Audio dongle for people to add streaming services for their (old) setups. The advantage I found that it is wireless and not depending on distance and possible dropouts, like bluetooth dongles.

But the Chromecast Audio becomes rare and prices are rising. So the question comes up, Which alternative ? With the same benefits the Cromecaat Audio has, Small, easy installation and decent audioqualitity Is there a successor for Google's Audio version? 

Any suggestions?

All Replies

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,645 Posts
Bronze Member

Good question!

I was an early adopter to connect it to an 80's BM5000 system and it has given sterling service, without issue, over the years. I was amazed when Google dropped it from their line but I imagine it was to force the sale of Google-enabled speakers.

I do believe their is a market for an equivalent - I.e. audio only and able to connect to all streaming services + dnla + Google play music where all my digital music currently lives and is available via app or Google assistant free of charge (google play music may die and be replaced by YouTube Music bit i hope they still allowe free access to my music in the cloud).

Ban boring signatures!

Beofrank
Top 500 Contributor
78 Posts
Bronze Member

AudioCast M5

AudioCast M5 Airplay DLNA Music 3.5mm Wireless Adapter Audio Receiver Transmitter for Smart devices

Features:

M5 is a wireless music box which can turns your current speakers, soundbar,into a Wireless Multi-Room Sound System by connecting to your home Wi-Fi network

Massive music program resources

Control all you want via one APP. You can play the music and program which is in cell phone, family sharing network and internet. Besides, it can set music alarm, automatic shutdown, etc

Control all speakers in home. You can make speaker of all room synchronizing play same song, or make different room playing different song

Support platform:
for iOS 7 and above
for Android4.0 and above
for Windows7 or for Mac 10.9 and above
Audio Format:
APE, FLAC, WAV, Apple Lossless (ALAC)
MP3: CBR / VBR, 32kbps~320kbps
AAC: AAC-LC, HE-AAC, HE-AAC v2
WMA 48KHz / 16bit or up to 192KHz / 24bit
Wireless Technology: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Standard
Working Range: 2-50 meters (without barrier)
Audio Output: AUX 3.5mm output
Power Specifications: DC 5V / 500 mA with MicroUSB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtBQyttaBdA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4qvJWXuxD8

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01D1E6JUQ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?adgrpid=79014682228&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqICyh-fv5wIVgud3Ch00zQwwEAAYASAAEgKXKfD_BwE&hvadid=356409463123&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1010322&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=14866553987240526479&hvtargid=kwd-296828266059&hydadcr=24192_1926090&keywords=audiocast%2Bm5&qid=1582740301&sr=8-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyTjk1ME42NjlaR0pNJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTA5OTM4M0JXMFBHTkFNUFEzUCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjcyNjA0MUtXRTBHNUo3V0pZRSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,672 Posts
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Feb 26 2020 7:01 PM

Interesting, the app shown in the Amazon link above looks exactly like the app for controlling my Tibo streaming box.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,864 Posts
Bronze Member

Interesting and usefull device......I’ve had one for a couple of years now.

However this has not support for Chromecast....if that is what you are looking for.

As far as I know, there is no single device (like the Chromecast Audio was), that has Chromecast support.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL