rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Lars Andersen
Not Ranked
Denmark
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Lars Andersen posted on Wed, Feb 19 2020 7:01 AM

What is the difference between BeoVision Avant 75NG MK1 and BeoVision Avant 75NG MK2?

What surround sound systems do they support?

Are there any known issues with these models since B&O is selling for half the price?

I have had two problematic models at home now that has a hirizonal shadow like line crossing the entire screen. It moves up and down all depending how dark the grey color are. It only happens with darker grey colors. The part above the horizontal line is a bit darker than the lower part. So it is a very visible thing. Should i return the tv set?

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,863 Posts
Bronze Member

I can’t say anything about those differences - I guess they are not major and just related to changes in the hardware used.

What do you mean by ‘which surround systems’?

The Avant NG’s are discontinoued - that is the reason why the are discounted.

If they would work well, it should be good deal.

However they mostly aren’t (some people are quite happy with them, though) and the Android platform is not everymans darling......and not updateable.

If your Avant NG is faulty, you certainly should return it!!!

Either go for an Avant 1.st gen (although older) or the Eclipse (which you should be able to get for a good price nowadays) or an LG/C9-BS Stage combo....if you don’t need to connect external speakers to it.

Og velkommen til Beoworld :-)

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Lars Andersen
Not Ranked
Denmark
4 Posts
Bronze Member

I want to return the tv set but the dealer denies to take it back. How do i handle this?

i asked for the surround systen because some movies on netflix are only replayed in stereo even though the movie is in 5.1 surround. Then i would like to know if the tv only is able to play Dolby Pro Logic or if it is able to decode some of the newer formats and what these formats are. 

Why is the MK1 better than the MK2 

Lars Andersen
Not Ranked
Denmark
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Here is a picture of what i mean 

https://imgur.com/OFActUn

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,863 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Lars,

hard to say, how you should handle that.

For how long have you had it?

What are the reasons, why he won’t take it back?

Is it an official B&O dealer?

in the end maybe only a lawyer can help you.

There might be some settings in the Netflix app, that you have overseen.

Netflix nowadays use Dolby Digital Plus, which the Avant can handle.

If you use media (from bluray dics or ‘ripped’) with the socalled HD sound formats, these must be decoded in the playback device (e.g. a bluray player) - this can not be done by the tv.

Dolby ProLogic is hardly used anymore - is a relic of the analog days.

The MK1 platform/user interface was made in Struer (the last one) and had some added Smarttv functions (Webmedia), which nowadays are pretty obsolete.

However they do not disturb anything there - most people use an AppleTV4 or a Chromecast device for the SmartTV functions on the MK1 anyway.

It is generally seen more stable than the MK2 - and most people like the interface better.

However, you must know that it is older.....and no tv lasts forever!

Most people avoid the MK2 - which was kind of an inbetween model - and go right to the BV Eclipse (which is pretty stable) or stick with the Avant MK1.

A friend of mine however, has an MK2/75” and is happy with it.

So there is no 100% pros and cons here!

I guess, that if your MK2 did not have this fault, you might be happy with it too.

Good luch with arguing with the dealer - and let us hear how you get along.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,863 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Lars,

hard to say, how you should handle that.

For how long have you had it?

What are the reasons, why he won’t take it back?

Is it an official B&O dealer?

in the end maybe only a lawyer can help you.

There might be some settings in the Netflix app, that you have overseen.

Netflix nowadays use Dolby Digital Plus, which the Avant can handle.

If you use media (from bluray dics or ‘ripped’) with the socalled HD sound formats, these must be decoded in the playback device (e.g. a bluray player) - this can not be done by the tv.

Dolby ProLogic is hardly used anymore - is a relic of the analog days.

The MK1 platform/user interface was made in Struer (the last one) and had some added Smarttv functions (Webmedia), which nowadays are pretty obsolete.

However they do not disturb anything there - most people use an AppleTV4 or a Chromecast device for the SmartTV functions on the MK1 anyway.

It is generally seen more stable than the MK2 - and most people like the interface better.

However, you must know that it is older.....and no tv lasts forever!

Most people avoid the MK2 - which was kind of an inbetween model - and go right to the BV Eclipse (which is pretty stable) or stick with the Avant MK1.

A friend of mine however, has an MK2/75” and is happy with it.

So there is no 100% pros and cons here!

I guess, that if your MK2 did not have this fault, you might be happy with it too.

Good luch with arguing with the dealer - and let us hear how you get along.

MM

Lars Andersen
Not Ranked
Denmark
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for replying :)

The picture shows the screen of YouTube from within the Android system of the TV set. I just used it as an example. But that line occurs everywhere on the TV as long there are a medium to dark grey background. It moves up and down all depending on the brightness of the gradient. It happens in the TVs own Android system menu, and also on a lot of different apps downloaded on Android and on Apple TV.

The salesman seems very eager not to take the tv set back even though i have told him three times so far that i don’t want it. So i guess i have to pay for a lawyer to make him take it back.

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
159 Posts
Gold Member

Lars Andersen:

Thanks for replying :)

The picture shows the screen of YouTube from within the Android system of the TV set. I just used it as an example. But that line occurs everywhere on the TV as long there are a medium to dark grey background. It moves up and down all depending on the brightness of the gradient. It happens in the TVs own Android system menu, and also on a lot of different apps downloaded on Android and on Apple TV.

The salesman seems very eager not to take the tv set back even though i have told him three times so far that i don’t want it. So i guess i have to pay for a lawyer to make him take it back.

Could the TV be at least repaired under warranty?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL