rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

uzz32soarer
Not Ranked
Australia
16 Posts
Bronze Member
uzz32soarer posted on Tue, Feb 18 2020 9:34 AM

Hi Guys. Looking for some clarification on the outputs under my 9000. Obviously a Masterlink ML series, two powerlinks for the speakers, another 8 pin DIN style which is a input for an Aux or Tape player, and then there is the single RCA which I think might be a digital out signal. B&O call it 'digital' but I think this is also commonly known as an RCA 'coax'?

With the digital out, I've never used this single style of RCA plug, but I presume that this carries a signal which can be fed into a 'normal' amplifier. So then you could use the 9000 as the CD player plugged into a Yamaha receiver for instance?

So if you were wanting to feed a SONOS for instance with a CD signal or even radio from the 9000, could you use the RCA digital output, then feed a digital/analogue converter into two RCA inputs to the SONOS which only has L&R RCA inputs.

And finally, if you are using a 'coax' cable to take digital signal to of the 9000 into another system, will the powerlink plugs still output to the B&O active speakers or are they internally switched off? So for instance you could use your Beolab 8000's or 3500 (via masterlink) and complement the room with additional speakers from an amp or a SONOS.

All Replies

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
566 Posts
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Tue, Feb 18 2020 11:57 AM

Hi,

the RCA Connection is a pure SPDIF output of the digital signal the CD player later converts into analog audio.

There's no output when using the radio or AUX-Input.

The SPDIF signal is always there when playing a CD and is independent from BeoLab speakers and / or masterlink connected or not.

Ralph-Marcus

uzz32soarer
Not Ranked
Australia
16 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the reply. So is the output actually still digital that would need converting before feeding into a SONOS or is it actually analogue

Bill Briscoe
Top 500 Contributor
Chicago, IL USA
98 Posts
Gold Member

it is digital and only carries the CD signal, and yes it needs to be converted before connecting to an analog input like a Sonos

uzz32soarer
Not Ranked
Australia
16 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Bill.

So three ways to get outputs from a 9000? 
1. 1/8th headphone jack.
2. Powerlink to B&O speakers or special cable from Powerlink to RCA plugs.
3. Digital RCA output to converter and then to analogue signal

Bill Briscoe
Top 500 Contributor
Chicago, IL USA
98 Posts
Gold Member

correct, good luck with your setup!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL