Beosound 4 Sticky

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
195 Posts
Bronze Member
Beosince98 posted on Sat, Feb 15 2020 9:47 PM

My Beosound 4 has started zu turn sticky. Does anyone know if there are still replacements for the body out there? Is the body actually made out of metal? If it is made out of metal, I would try to remove the stickiness und respray the body.
As always, thank you for your help!  

All Replies

Aravind Viswanath
Not Ranked
Sydney Australia
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi from memory it’s a type of hard plastic, and both of my Beolab 9 speakers as well as my Beosound 4 developed the same problem. What we did is get some Eucalyptus Oil, and started to rub a small section at a time.... took time but eventually the whole black stick was is gone and just like new again. :) 

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
569 Posts
Bronze Member
Contact your local dealer and they will be able to order the spare parts and fit them professionally for you. We have done this several times for clients.
beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,617 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Mon, Feb 17 2020 12:59 AM

w5bno123:
Contact your local dealer and they will be able to order the spare parts and fit them professionally for you. We have done this several times for clients.

Please do provide us with a quote for the parts and labor. That is the most RIDICULOUS comment I've heard on this site in a very long time!

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
Slovenia
604 Posts
Bronze Member
marexy replied on Mon, Feb 17 2020 7:54 AM

what i did is..

strip down complete BS4..spary it with car primer ..sand it with 1000 sand paper ..than spray it with black matt car spray paint..

no more problems  :)

andrepierce
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

You should contact your local dealer.

happy wheels

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL