rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 25 Replies | 0 Followers

Jaffrey2230
Top 200 Contributor
Washington DC
413 Posts
Silver Member
Jaffrey2230 posted on Wed, Feb 5 2020 7:00 PM

I received my Beosound Stage (smoke oak and grey version ordered online from B&O) and set it up just for music in my dining room area. Not only does the speaker look great but the audio quality is much better than what I expected at this price point. I am currently using it purely as a music speaker with AirPlay 2.

At the starting price of $1750 this is truly an excellent value. The build quality is top notch.

B&O products I use by zones in my home: 

Platform: Apple Home  (iOS/Mac, with Google Wi-fi (3x mesh), 100% streaming audio (Sirius XM, Apple Music, TuneIn Radio); TV/Office: Beolab 8002 (Red) + Beolab 2 [Sony OLED (65 inch), Apple TV 4K]; Living: Beoplay A9 (MK2), Bedroom: Beolab 6000 (Red) + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core w/ Essence Remote [LG UST Projector directly to wall (85 inch), Apple TV 4K]; Guest Rooms: Apple HomePod x 2  Dining: Beoplay M5 [previously Beosound Stage] ; Portable in-house: Beosound 1 with dock; Travel/bluetooth: Beoplay P6, BeoPlay H9 (3rd Gen) [H95 any day now!], Apple AirPod Pro. 

All Replies

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
170 Posts
Gold Member
When used as a stereophonic (2.0) speaker that’s mounted mid-wall, what is the quality of the soundstage? I’m biased towards imaging; these days it’s a sine qua non for me when evaluating music systems. I’ll happily move a chair into the sweet spot...if there is one.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,295 Posts
Bronze Member

A soundbar for ‘imaging the soundstage’ in a 2.0 channel recording....hmmmm!

I guess for that you’d be better off with a set of R/L speakers, well placed in a suitable room and with the right spot for you to sit.

Can’t think that this was a main point when making this soundbar (or any soundbar for that matter).

By the way - no chair, no problem......just stand up ;-)))

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
788 Posts
Bronze Member
Great to see the excitement about the Stage.

I have a non-b&o tv that’s currently connected to a core via line-in.

Would this also the way to go with the stage?

What’s the advantage of earc vs line-in? Assume my tv won’t support earc?
Jaffrey2230
Top 200 Contributor
Washington DC
413 Posts
Silver Member

I have a Sony 65 Inch OLED TV connected to an Apple TV 4K that supports Dolby Atmos and my original intention was to connect the Stage to the TV. However, TV now is connected to a pair of BeoLab 8000 + BL 2 via the variable volume line-in (which the Sony has). So when I got the Stage, I was excited to try it out on it’s on and hence why I set it up on my dining room and I am thinking of using it as a stand-alone speaker! It’s incredible how full the sound is from such a relatively small system. I have no doubt it would be even better with the TV.

In general I had stopped buying B&O gear for around 10 years but I really like their new connected speakers (including the Core). They perform flawlessly for me. They are really good value and I am hoping to get the Anthracite BS 1 that I ordered from the B&O website.

B&O products I use by zones in my home: 

Platform: Apple Home  (iOS/Mac, with Google Wi-fi (3x mesh), 100% streaming audio (Sirius XM, Apple Music, TuneIn Radio); TV/Office: Beolab 8002 (Red) + Beolab 2 [Sony OLED (65 inch), Apple TV 4K]; Living: Beoplay A9 (MK2), Bedroom: Beolab 6000 (Red) + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core w/ Essence Remote [LG UST Projector directly to wall (85 inch), Apple TV 4K]; Guest Rooms: Apple HomePod x 2  Dining: Beoplay M5 [previously Beosound Stage] ; Portable in-house: Beosound 1 with dock; Travel/bluetooth: Beoplay P6, BeoPlay H9 (3rd Gen) [H95 any day now!], Apple AirPod Pro. 

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
581 Posts
Bronze Member

When in Music mode I still have "Upmix" and "Virtualize" switched on. Just tested Jean-Michel Jarre's Magnetic Fields and it sounds fabulous, I am sitting 2 meters away from the wall-positioned Stage (TV) and when I close my eyes I have an impression of sounds coming from the (sound)stage width of 3-4 meters. Don't know if that helps.

NB: I upgraded my Deezer to Hi-Fi streaming quality and I really recommend it.

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
202 Posts
Bronze Member

Have bought one myself. Truly good product in a very good price. Let's hope a version with surround decoding and speakers is on its way!

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,500 Posts
Bronze Member
Can you mount the stage vertically and say use it as a dining room speaker ?
Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,738 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Feb 14 2020 11:53 AM

Yes, but it doesn't adjust the audio to account for being vertically mounted.

So no, not really.

Henryk tried it I think - said it sounded not good.

Aussie Michael:
Can you mount the stage vertically and say use it as a dining room speaker ?

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,500 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb:

Yes, but it doesn't adjust the audio to account for being vertically mounted.

So no, not really.

Henryk tried it I think - said it sounded not good.

Thanks.

I was thinking background music etc but if it doesn’t sound good that answers it.

I get there are other speakers and music systems in the B&O fold but I thought the design factor might be discrete too.

Cheers.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,295 Posts
Bronze Member

Just place it horizontal - on a shelf or wallmounted.....and you are certainly good to go.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,030 Posts
Bronze Member
I listened to the stage in the store, and here are my opinions:

Pros:

-Bluetooth, airplay2, multiroom, touch your join, hdmi arc

-looks beautiful, several options

-much and good sound for that amazing price

Cons:

-Limited stereo seperation (it is still a soundbar)

-the sound is a little “metallic” for music, same as my Beolab 7.x

-too short, would look better if it was longer for 65,75 and bigger screens.

Bottom line, I would very much like to upgrade to this.
Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL