Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BEOVISION ECLIPSE V2 Coming April 2020

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 64 Replies | 4 Followers

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
523 Posts
Bronze Member
Emil Jensen posted on Mon, Feb 3 2020 1:17 PM

We have talked about it many times before,

And now I have it from good authority, it will start selling in April.

Pricing not ready yet, but guesses is that pricing will be the same as now. Just that you can get the panel much cheaper now, and therefore total price would be much cheaper.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset 

All Replies

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
523 Posts
Bronze Member

Hallo 1990,

Thank you for the information,

Did they have a special setup or anything?

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset 

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,716 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Feb 11 2020 4:17 PM

Little chance I would suggest.

LG Display have given (if thats the right word) 48 inch OLEDs to very few other TV brands.

While that's by no means definitive, elsewhere B&O seem more interested in large screen setups, especially given average screen sizes purchased are getting ever larger, and are beyond 48 inches already.

Would be nice option though.

Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
1,014 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Thu, Feb 13 2020 4:57 PM

Any news from B&O at the ISE 2020?

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,716 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Feb 13 2020 5:20 PM

Isn't it pretty much over now?

Fridays schedule looks both minimal and a half day.

No news is just that, no news.

Steph:

Any news from B&O at the ISE 2020?

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
461 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb:

Would it be safe to say that there is no new tv launch this year of any size?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,172 Posts
Bronze Member

vlohjr1:

The year has just begun!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
162 Posts
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Thu, Feb 13 2020 7:31 PM
The ISE is not really a trade show for consumer goods, so not surprising to me nothing new was announced.
Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,716 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Feb 13 2020 7:40 PM

You cant say anything with any certainty, especially given the new management.

Who knows re the Eclipse - some say they've been told some sort of update is due. I've certainly been told its been under consideration, but that nothing was imminent. Of the 3 new products my dealer was shown at a dealer meeting in January, none were a new TV.

The big question is whether it will be updated in its current form factor, or we get a two part Tv solution, where a sound centre (with which can expand to add other speakers etc) can be matched with an LG and look something like an updated version. How they do that, and how closely it will resemble the current Eclipse is anyones guess.

If its the latter, whether you can actually call it an Eclipse, let alone a Beovision will be down to interpretation I would suggest.

I'm pretty sure any future form factor will be more two part. I've said this before, but EU energy emission regulations as they relate to these types of TV's means that they cant sell a BV in its old way - as a single unit. The Harmony is two parts, and hence gets around these regulations. As such, any future TV's will very likely have to be along these lines - for example, an OLED BV11/14 is simply not possible for this reason.

As for sizes, I'm sceptical they will do a 77 (and perhaps not even a 65), as that will overlap too much with the Harmony. And I think they would prefer the focus to be on the Harmony.

vlohjr1:
Sandyb:

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
670 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Thu, Feb 13 2020 11:08 PM

Sandyb:
As for sizes, I'm sceptical they will do a 77 (and perhaps not even a 65), as that will overlap too much with the Harmony. And I think they would prefer the focus to be on the Harmony.

Except you can't exactly wall mount a Harmony, at least not a hinged wall mount that swings away from the wall toward the viewing area.  This is one of the primary reasons I bought an Eclipse.

I'm also skeptical about a 77 because this would mean the sound center would need to be expanded to maintain the same look, and this is probably more of a re-design than they can afford at the moment.

Top 200 Contributor
364 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Feb 14 2020 7:49 AM

Interestingly, the Harmony has one Sound Center with different sized speaker panels. So you can switch sizes while retaining the Sound Center. If the redesign is something more fundamental, B&O could use the same approach?

In that case the Sound Center could also double as the much wanted “BeoSys 5” integrated in a centre speaker?

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,716 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Feb 14 2020 8:41 AM

Yes, I think that (the two part approach) is the most likely route.

How it will look matched with a screen, who knows.

And how (or if) they incorporate a motorised wall mount, who knows.

And if the sound centre is more obviously available to buy separately from the screen, then we're not in V2 territory, but something else. Probably unhelpful to call it a Beosystem (5), as previous version did some video / image management, whereas the sound centre's dont really. Pedantic point perhaps.

Anyway, nothing soon from what I see / understand, despite those claiming ISE (?? what happened?) or April? 

1990:

Interestingly, the Harmony has one Sound Center with different sized speaker panels. So you can switch sizes while retaining the Sound Center. If the redesign is something more fundamental, B&O could use the same approach?

In that case the Sound Center could also double as the much wanted “BeoSys 5” integrated in a centre speaker?

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
461 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb:

Yes, I think that (the two part approach) is the most likely route.

How it will look matched with a screen, who knows.

And how (or if) they incorporate a motorised wall mount, who knows.

And if the sound centre is more obviously available to buy separately from the screen, then we're not in V2 territory, but something else. Probably unhelpful to call it a Beosystem (5), as previous version did some video / image management, whereas the sound centre's dont really. Pedantic point perhaps.

Anyway, nothing soon from what I see / understand, despite those claiming ISE (?? what happened?) or April?

I agree . I am happy to consider the harmony for larger screen size but I want to be sure there wont be a new model/version in the near future say next 6 months
Top 200 Contributor
364 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Feb 14 2020 9:46 AM

Canvas shows that you can achieve pretty neat integration. (Not seen in flesh though...)

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1566279945

Ingo
Top 500 Contributor
Da wo die Weser einen großen Bogen macht
139 Posts
Bronze Member
Ingo replied on Fri, Feb 14 2020 1:29 PM

Today my dealer told me the V2 comes later, in April was more than optimistic 

BeoVision Eclipse 55“ wallmounted, BeoRemote One BT; BeoSound 9000(ex-weiss), BeoLab 9; BeoLab 8000 rot; Beosound 1 grün; BeoPlay H6; Beo4

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,400 Posts
Gold Member
I was told the same today. And there is a cool new multi room speaker coming too. That’s all I knowYes - thumbs up

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Page 3 of 5 (65 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL