Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Masterlink Gateway Protocol - doesn't forward light command?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

giac
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
giac posted on Fri, Jan 31 2020 4:24 PM

Hi there.

I have a Raspberry PI connected to a MLGW via the MLGW protocol (login on Ethernet from the RPi to the MLGW). Sending commands from the RPi to MLGW works fine, as well as the RPi receives "configuration change" messages, so the actual connection and protocol seems to be working. 

However, it seems like the MLGW does not forward the Light commands from my NL units to the protocol connection.

I see the light command from my Network Link unit show up in the MLGW "Monitor" log (so the MLGW receives the light command), but the RPi never receives the command on the protocol connection. 

How do I make the MLGW forward the light commands to the RPi? 

I tried with macros, but there seems to be no way for a macro to send messages through the MLGW protocol connection.

Thanks!

Giovanni

All Replies

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
528 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Thu, Feb 13 2020 7:25 PM

I’m getting Light packages into a raspberry (I’m connecting via port 9000) from a Beosystem 4, so something else must be happening here - if it is hitting the monitor, then the NL device is set up to forward MLGW messages correctly.

What is the NL device you are using?

what is the code you are using to connect?

giac
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
giac replied on Fri, Feb 14 2020 6:22 AM

Interesting. 

The device is a Beovision 55. They show up in the monitor, but not forwarded to the RPI over the 9000 port. Same thing for my Masterlink devices. Light commands show up in MLGW monitor but not forwarded. 

I'm using a Hass.io python script to connect.

firmware of MLGW is 2.24. Wondering if there is some secret setting.

I worked around it by creating macros on the MLGW, activated by the light commands, but that push REST commands to the RPi to activate scenes. Works fine but it's not what I wanted!

Giovanni

giac
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
giac replied on Fri, Feb 14 2020 6:26 AM

this is the code: https://github.com/simonkamronn/mlgw/blob/master/bangolufsen/media_player.py

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
528 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Sun, Feb 16 2020 1:21 PM

Here's my code - which works with the Light command - 

https://rapidgator.net/file/f97262f9dfabca44aae57c59c829ca1d/mlgw_client.py.html

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL