Beogram CD6500 spdif out loose connection

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

rambler
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
rambler posted on Sat, Jan 25 2020 9:39 PM

Hi everyone! I just purchased a Beogram CD6500 and bombaster 5500.

I have no previous experience with B&O. They work well and I have been using the CD player as a transport as I am trying out some new DAC. I has using an Audioquest spdif RCA cable that is a little too snug (hate those) and in forcing it in, might have caused the female spdif jack to become a bit loose.

I would really appreciate help in figuring out how to fix this. I am able to follow instructions to fix to a certain extent and have soldered a few things in my life but I am not that experienced in fixing electronics.

All Replies

rambler
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
rambler replied on Sun, Jan 26 2020 12:08 AM

I see that the spdif output jack is loose and wobbly. Looks like I would need to get it properly connected to the board.

I tried uploading a picture but it does not seem to work.

rambler
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
rambler replied on Sun, Jan 26 2020 12:10 AM

I see that the spdif output jack is loose and wobbly. Looks like I would need to get it properly connected to the board.

I'm unable to post a picture.

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
717 Posts
Silver Member
I’ve also done a bit of soldering in my past but unless you know what you’re doing, I’d encourage you to get this fixed professionally. Taking a soldering iron to a PCB could damage it, if done badly. I’m sure it wouldn’t cost a lot to get this fixed properly. The Beogram 6500 is a legacy product and beautiful. It deserves the right treatment to last you and anyone else who will inherit it for many years after you.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL