rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 717
Silver Member
seethroughyou Posted: Thu, Jan 23 2020 11:28 AM
Just bought an Apple Camera Kit and fired up Roon, Deezer (free trial) and Tidal (free trial) and all can output to my Beolab 90 speakers from the IPad to the USB input. Use the Beoremote for volume changes with fixed output on Roon. Unfortunately the volume buttons still work and change volume despite Roon being set to output a fixed line-out. Deezer works fine. Tidal works fine. In time I might sign up to Primephonic or Idagio as I’m a classical fan and 95% my listening is in this genre. iPad seems to stream whatever music service is loaded on to it.

Can any of you foresee any problems or limitations using an iPad to USB in on the Beolab?

Has anyone done any comparisons with different streaming machines to see if it makes a difference using a digital signal (bits are bits aren’t they after all)?

Jaffrey2230
Top 500 Contributor
Washington DC
Posts 149
Bronze Member

Fantastic solution! There should be no issues with this because as you note there is no audio conversion being done by the iPad. You are really making great use of your BL 90 set up!

TV Room: Pair of  BL 8000 (MK2) with BL 18 style walnut frets + BL 2, Living Room: Pair of Red  BL 6000 (Mk2)+ BL 11  Dining Room: Beosound Stage, Bedroom: Pair of BL 6000 (Mk2), Office: Beoplay A9 Travel: BeoPlay H4 3rd gen, Beoplay P6,  Added in 2019: Beosound 1 (Contrast Edition Anthracite), Beosound Stage (Oak).

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 891
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Thu, Jan 23 2020 5:41 PM

seethroughyou:
Can any of you foresee any problems or limitations using an iPad to USB in on the Beolab?
Roon tells you if the digital path is optimal when playing a tune. Just on the right of the song tittle / artist you'll find a dot or shining dot. When you tap this dot Roon will give you this info.

note: the shining dot is the optimal situation.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL