Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

JAMcQueen
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
JAMcQueen posted on Sun, Jan 19 2020 9:29 AM

Hello Beoworld, 

I’m hoping you can help me get my B&O system to all work

For many years I’ve had a Beocentre 9000 or 9500 that is pared with Beovox 7000 passive loud speakers,

I’ve recently been gifted a Beovusion 4 plasma T.v that also came with what I think is the Beosystem 2.

I Believe In order to get everything working together I connect everything to the Beosystem and everything will work, is this correct??

The speakers however have the 2 pin connection and the Beosystem accepts the 8 pin plug. is there an adaption plug I can get for the speakers??  

thank you for your help, it’s greatly appreciated

James  

All Replies

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,766 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Jan 19 2020 10:37 AM

Hi and welcome to Beoworld!

The Beocenter 9000 and TV/Beosystem 2 use two different generations of connection system, Master Control Link and Masterlink respectively.  To connect them you will need a Beolink Converter type 1611.  You would connect this converter to the Beocenter using a 7 pin Aux Link cable into the Beocenter's AUX/TV socket, and then connect the converter to the Beosystem 2 using a Masterlink cable.

If you do this, you will then need to set up the components in the correct 'Option' settings for this to work.  The settings will depend whether the TV and Beocenter/Beosystem are in different rooms or the same room, so come back to us if you need further guidance.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,766 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Jan 19 2020 10:42 AM

I didn't answer the bit about the speakers.

As you quite rightly identify, Beovox 7000s are passive, hence the rely upon the amplifier that is in the Beocenter 9000.

The 8 pin speaker sockets that are fitted to the Beosystem 2 are powerlink sockets that are designed for BeoLab active speakers (that have their own inbuilt amplifier).  

Hence if you wish to connect your speakers directly to the Beosystem 2 you would need an amplifier, in which case you could use a Beolink Passive, like this: https://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=981

Passives are available fairly cheaply on eBay etc.

I would be tempted to leave the 7000s connected to the BC9000.

One simple solution to get sound from your Beosystem 2, is simply to connect it to the TV using a Masterlink cable, whereupon it will play through the TV's speakers. (deleted when Frog (below) kindly pointed out that the BV4 does not have speakers! )

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
529 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Mon, Jan 20 2020 4:01 PM

The Beovision 4 doesn’t have speakers, so the best thing is to connect the Beosystem 2 to the beocenter using the converter that Guy mentioned. By correct option programming, you should be able to get the sound coming out of your existing speakers.

Presing TV on the remote will tell the Beosystem 2 to switch on the beocenter and play the sound through that. 

note you need the IR eye connected to the Beosystem 2. I hope you got that as part of the package. 

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,766 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Jan 21 2020 9:30 AM

frog:

The Beovision 4 doesn’t have speakers, 

Ooops! Thanks for pointing out my error! Big Smile

JAMcQueen
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you kindly to you both, I will give it a go and let you know how it works out.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL