Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 19 Replies | 2 Followers

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
594 Posts
Founder
frog posted on Tue, Jan 14 2020 6:05 PM

Hi,

i have one of these and really have two questions if anyone can help answer?

1. Does anyone know the protocol between the Beosystem 4 and the Beovision 12? Previous Beosystems used RS232 9600 8,n,1 - but I can’t figure out what this one is as I want to spoof the BS4 to think it has a BV12 attached

2. As I can’t communicate through this connector, I’m using the IR to send a Samsung On/Off command you the monitor. The issue I have is that the IR signal is sent quite a bit of time after the BS4 starts up, so the curtain opening and B&O logo aren’t shown. Is there a way to get the IR signal to be the first thing sent?

thanks in advance

All Replies

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
594 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Sun, Oct 17 2021 12:26 PM

Didn’t cost anything except postage to Struer. 

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
594 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Sun, Oct 17 2021 12:29 PM

There is a LG TV PUC in the database, but I use HDMI CEC with a raspberry to turn the TV on and off using LIRC to get the request from the Beosystem to switch. I would like to find a way to speed up the switch on as the screen always comes on later than the audio. I could try experimenting with getting the request directly from the IR Eye - just haven’t got round to it. 

Ravsted
Top 500 Contributor
254 Posts
Bronze Member
Ravsted replied on Sun, Oct 17 2021 12:40 PM

Hi 

I've used the Raspberry with LIRC directly connected to an IR eye via GPIO. 

Used it for a different purpose but this should work for you as well and you should be able to turn on your TV with no delay at all.

Regards 

Ravsted

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/49250/347329.aspx#347329

beoandy
Top 200 Contributor
sissi not kangaroo
321 Posts
Bronze Member
beoandy replied on Wed, Oct 20 2021 11:54 AM

Hi

I plan to use a lg oled g1 with my beosystem 4.

I am currently using a beovision 9 and I have exchanged the beosystem 3 with the beosystem 4. (with the exception of the motor-stand - which unfortunately only works with the beosystem 3) - I also have a projector with a screen running via a 2nd screen setup (atlona AT-HD4-V42). in addition, everything is integrated via a beoliving intelligence)

Yes the LG-G1 is 55”and the bv9 is 50” – but it will fit in the case of the beovision 9 an with a bit of luck the visible screen-size can be adjusted with the 4-way zoom function of the lg-g1 – (is my guess and has to be tested first)

The first step is to integrate the LG-G1 only with 1080p from the bs4. (a 4K solution and redirecting the sound to the bs4 is a future consideration)

the question is how do I control (on/off) the lg g1 oled with the beosystem 4?

1.  with the puc of the bs4. LG 98UB9800 is the only tv-puc from lg in the bs4 (from lg). Are the ir-codes for ON and OFF the same as that for the lg G1? Or can I use a puc from a lg blu-ray player? The puc is sending approximately 10 seconds before the curtains open. So I think enough time to warm up the lg g1. further advantage: suitable control and timings in the cinema 2nd screen setup.

2. as in the first point but, if the puc from the LG 98UB9800 is not with the lg-g1 compatible: ir-code translator as ir-trans or lintronic.

3. with the beoliving intelligence with the LG webOS TV – driver and a trigger state update from the bs4 like source name. this trigger will come a little to late and so the curtains will not be seen. Timing for the cinema setup must be set in the bli.

I look forward to inputs and the discussion.

beoandy

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

Ravsted
Top 500 Contributor
254 Posts
Bronze Member

Doubt you can squeeze a 55" into the BV9 cabinet.

I've made screen replacements in the very similar build BV5 and the MDF cabinet will 'eat' the first inch of available space behind the aluminium frame/bezel.

Never the less ... interesting project ... Looking forward to read about your progress ... 👍

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL