rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

joniamh
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
joniamh posted on Mon, Jan 13 2020 7:05 PM

Hi all,

I am trying to work out if this setup will work with my Beovision 7 type 9344.

What I want to do is connect up my existing DVD player, it only has one HDMI port and my TV. Initially I have connected the two up to my DVI port with a DVI-HDMI cable and it works just fine for the picture, but no sound.  

To fix this I am thinking to use a AV to HDMI Converter (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AV-to-HDMI-Converter-For-HDTV-1080P-PS2-PS3-SKY-720P-RCA-Composite-Adapter-NEW/264554180370?var=564302232932) and a Triple 3 x Phono Cable Audio Composite Video RCA Lead (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triple-3-x-Phono-Cable-Audio-Composite-Video-RCA-Lead-RED-WHITE-YELLOW-OFC/351533796156?var=620574683105). 

Connecting the DVD players HDMI port to this device and on the other side connect the rca to the tv ports (Attached is a shot of my TV ports) 

Does anyone know if this will work or a better way and sorry if this has been asked before.

My TV is a  Beovision 7 type 9344. If you need anything more please let me know.

Many Thanks Paul

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
198 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by joniamh
RCA from DVD to AV4 and configure in settings, make sure you select HD Y too.

Curious as to why you would want to add a DVD player to the 7 though, Is the on board player faulty?

All Replies

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
198 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by joniamh
RCA from DVD to AV4 and configure in settings, make sure you select HD Y too.

Curious as to why you would want to add a DVD player to the 7 though, Is the on board player faulty?
Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,945 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Jan 14 2020 9:15 AM

joniamh:

What I want to do is connect up my existing DVD player, it only has one HDMI port and my TV. Initially I have connected the two up to my DVI port with a DVI-HDMI cable and it works just fine for the picture, but no sound.  

DVI only carries video, and not audio, hence your lack of sound.  The converters that you list are likely to reduce picture quality.

In a similar set (but with BV6), I use one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NAJ4UM2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

... and you would feed its audio outputs to the red and white AV4 inputs to the top right of your connection panel.

You'll need a short hdmi lead between DVD player and converter, plus a phono to phono lead to carry the audio from converter to TV.  Be aware that the converter also needs USB power - I use an old Apple charger.

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
198 Posts
Bronze Member
Yep as I said. Most DVD have audio out and these go to AV4.

Interested as why not using the onboard one though, is it faulty?
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL