Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Struer Trip 2012

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 165 Replies | 5 Followers

dudley
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member
dudley posted on Mon, Mar 12 2012 11:21 AM

Hi Lee have you any more news about this visit.? l know you have been very busy setting up this new web site but with only 10 weeks to go it is coming around very quickly.    

All Replies

beocool
Top 25 Contributor
Alankomaat
5,945 Posts
Gold Member

Leslie:

beocool:

Leslie:

@Lee, is there a Dutch member in the Struer group? Would like to contact him to bring something for Frede.

Actually, yes. Cool You can send me a PM for details.

This is weird! Can't find how I should send you a PM. Can you send me one so I can reply?

Same here. Just send you an email.

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen! 

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,386 Posts
Gold Member

Ferdinand:

I am planning to go by train (which btw is B&O branded in the 1stclass section) but tickets are going fast now, so I would like / need to make the bookings rather soonish. Don't want to stand for 4 hours :o)

Hi Ferdinand,

I'm planning to fly into "Legoland Airport" (ie. Billund) and get the bus to the railway station at Vejle where the main line runs to Struer.  Back in my younger days I used to just get on and off trains across Europe, buying my tickets when I got to the station.  From what you are saying, I guess I should buy train tickets in advance in Denmark?

I don't want to stand for 4 hours either! Crying  I would be grateful for your advice, as I've not taken the train across Denmark before......

Thanks, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Little Ann, Hampshire, United Kingdom
5,152 Posts
Founder

I can confirm that I will be joining the Struer trip and will be in Struer from Monday morning and leaving Thursday morning.

I look forward to meeting everyone who is joining this exciting opportunity to visit the farm and in my view its never been a better time to do so.

I know that Lee still has not received from B&O the detailed agenda, but I know he will make it available to you all as soon as he gets it.

Regards Keith....

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
953 Posts
Bronze Member

Steve at Sounds Heavenly:

Ferdinand:

I am planning to go by train (which btw is B&O branded in the 1stclass section) but tickets are going fast now, so I would like / need to make the bookings rather soonish. Don't want to stand for 4 hours :o)

Hi Ferdinand,

I'm planning to fly into "Legoland Airport" (ie. Billund) and get the bus to the railway station at Vejle where the main line runs to Struer.  Back in my younger days I used to just get on and off trains across Europe, buying my tickets when I got to the station.  From what you are saying, I guess I should buy train tickets in advance in Denmark?

I don't want to stand for 4 hours either! Crying  I would be grateful for your advice, as I've not taken the train across Denmark before......

Thanks, Steve.

There is a Danish website called www.rejseplanen.dk where it is possible to coordinate all departures so you don't have to wait around. It will make a departure plan for any public transport, you can buy tickets at all the stations Smile

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,386 Posts
Gold Member

Excellent, thanks!

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Cleviebaby
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, United Kingdom
655 Posts
Gold Member
Hammer93:

There is a Danish website called www.rejseplanen.dk where it is possible to coordinate all departures so you don't have to wait around. It will make a departure plan for any public transport, you can buy tickets at all the stations

B&O Collector. Specializing in 1970-1990 top of the line audio systems.

It sounds suspiciously like an integrated transport system - something we here in the UK can only dream about

Cleve
9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,001 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, May 3 2012 8:13 PM

Keith Saunders:

I know that Lee still has not received from B&O the detailed agenda, but I know he will make it available to you all as soon as he gets it.

Just to update, Jette - the lovely lady organising this, is on sick leave at the moment - but she has left it in capable hands and the full agenda is being planned currently.

Everyone arriving on Monday the 21st and staying at the Struer Grand will be invited to attend a 3 course meal in the hotel restaurant - which we'll be paying for ourselves (!!). It'll give us a chance to put names to faces and have a few drinks and a nice meal.  This is a definite - I just need numbers, so will be emailing the people coming on the trip about this shortly.

I'm being asked on an almost daily basis if i have an 'idea' of times - so here's a rough guess.  It's a guess, that's all...

On the morning of Tuesday the 22nd (usually around 8.30 - 9.30 am) we will probably be picked up from the Struer Grand by coach and taken to the factory.  The tour for the day will finish around 5pm, then we will be taken back to the Struer Grand.

That same evening - i'd guess between 6.30-7.30pm  - we will be picked up again and taken by coach to Veno for a meal, compliments of B&O, then we will be brought back to the hotel.

The next morning, Wednesday 23rd, we will be collected again in the morning and taken to the factory again for more tours, then we'll either have lunch in the staff canteen with the employees - or we'll more than likely be taken to the Struer Museum for lunch and a full guided tour.  This will all finish between 1.30-3.00pm, depending on how long the tour takes and how long you wish to stay!

Please, please read the following words.. This is NOT the itinerary, it's just a guess based on previous trips.

As mentioned, I will let you know the real itinerary once i have it.

Lee

Smile

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
5,423 Posts
Silver Member

Enjoy!Smile

Brengen & Ophalen

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,215 Posts
Founder

Thanks Lee for the outline of likely events

Now for Nelliephant's (SWMBO) concerns ... having lived in Newcastle-on-Tyne for two years, she is convinced that Struer in May will be colder and windier and wetter !!

So the buses sound great (I am sure they will be heated), but does anyone have advice around clothing ? (not for me, I am a whale of an elephant and I am insulated with blubber)

If Struer has rains like our yesterday ... then we would need scuba suits !

Also, I am sure the Monday night will be casual given how hard the travel will have been for some -- but will it also include others such as Soren ?

And is the dinner on Tuesday night likely to be smart or formal ?  

We are starting our trial packs and currently I have no plans to pack ties, not even a bow-tie ! 

BeoNut since '75

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
953 Posts
Bronze Member

@ Steve: You're welcome my friend.

@ Cleve: The public transport system works very well in Denmark; the railway is run by two operaters while the bus lines are divided into parts of the country. All transport has accurate timetables which are all used by rejseplanen.dk, it's an easy and efficient system.

@ Elephant: The Danish summer-weather is a bit English, though with a bit more sun. I would advice to wear a sweatshirt and pack some rainwear, just in case. It can be a bit windy, I recommend to have a thin-ish jacket packed too.

The lunch at monday will be casual and relaxed, I suppose that people would like settle in before driving the last 120 km to Struer. I have decided not to join the trip, as my exam orientation will be the 23rd.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,233 Posts
Gold Member

elephant:

Also, I am sure the Monday night will be casual given how hard the travel will have been for some -- but will it also include others such as Soren ?

And is the dinner on Tuesday night likely to be smart or formal ?  

We are starting our trial packs and currently I have no plans to pack ties, not even a bow-tie ! 

The dinner will be casual, I'm sure, everything in DK, except funerals, is casual, so no need for ties, long skirts or dresses, the bow tie in DK has gone into oblivion, normally only known to gents over 60. In DK you can dress as a pink elephant, and no one will wonder.

You guys has selected one of the best times a year for your visit, its spring, a wonderful time where the trees are getting green, after a long gray winter, the flowers starts coming up. If you are used to a warm climate, bring a sweater, and yes bring a light jacket and a raincoat. But probably you wont need it, maybe a sweater in the evening. If you go to the beach dress warm there maybe be strong cold winds there, but away from the beach not so. The swimming season in DK starts May 15 if I right remember, the North see will have a temp. around 8 degrees C, take a dip

And yes the buses are heated, some of them even has toilets and TV. Nearly all the drivers are sober. If you travel in DK I recommend the trains, some of the best worldwide. Believe me I tried a few.

I'm so sorry I can't be there, you all will have a very good time there.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,215 Posts
Founder

Thanks Soren 1 and Soren 2 !!

Søren Mexico:
the bow tie in DK has gone into oblivion, normally only known to gents over 60

LOL, that would be me then as I turn 62 this year Laughing

Søren Mexico:
Nearly all the drivers are sober.

Got to be better than the night ride we had on a Mexican bus from Puebla to Villahermosa where the rival bus lines race each other down the mountain side (or so it seemed in the dark!!) Laughing

BeoNut since '75

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
953 Posts
Bronze Member

I am in Struer right now, having just visited the museum for the first time.

You have something to look forward to, the gift shop also has some interesting post cards. Wish that the Beocord 5000 prototype reel-to-reel recorder was for sale, though! Laughing

Cleviebaby
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, United Kingdom
655 Posts
Gold Member
Hammer93:

I am in Struer right now, having just visited the museum for the first time.

You have something to look forward to, the gift shop also has some interesting post cards. Wish that the Beocord 5000 prototype reel-to-reel recorder was for sale, though!

B&O Collector. Specializing in 1970-1990 top of the line audio systems.

Soren

If I remember rightly from a previous visit to the museum by Lee and Peter, didn't the reel to reel Beocord turn out to be a mock-up - it was just a casing without mechanics or electrics?

Cleve
Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
953 Posts
Bronze Member

Cleviebaby:

Soren

If I remember rightly from a previous visit to the museum by Lee and Peter, didn't the reel to reel Beocord turn out to be a mock-up - it was just a casing without mechanics or electrics?

Cleve

I actually don't know; it looks like it wasn't a dummy like many of the other products on display Unsure

Standing at the parking lot waiting for the museum to open! (12:00)

Page 6 of 12 (166 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL