Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Struer Trip 2012

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 165 Replies | 5 Followers

dudley
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member
dudley posted on Mon, Mar 12 2012 11:21 AM

Hi Lee have you any more news about this visit.? l know you have been very busy setting up this new web site but with only 10 weeks to go it is coming around very quickly.    

All Replies

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder

BeoIce:
And what will you do on the stop off "E" near Paderborn ?

That was a company I once visited called "Einstein" - a nice town that is more or less en route 

Do you live near there ?

edit:

google maps answered the question for me Laughing

Recklinghausen is en route from Arnheim !

BeoNut since '75

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
858 Posts
Gold Member

BeoIce:

I have been to the bridge of Arnhem myself some years ago, but you see very little from what happend there nearly 70 years ago.

Maybe going to pay a visit to a guy called iPoditiv on a certain forum.

Elephant, in Paderborn you may have a look to a small chapel inside the cathedral where more than 100 people died by a air mine being at the wrong place at the wrong time in March 1945.

Half way between Paderborn and Bielefeld you find the detention camp of Stukenbrok where in the 40ies about 65,000 people died (mostly russian civilians being forced to work in Germany).

But there are less sad places like the Kaiserpfalz in Paderborn or the Kunsthalle in Bielefeld or ...

I can show you around a little before I take my bicycle to Struer ...

iPoditiv

Peter the biker

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder

iPoditiv:
I can show you around a little before I take my bicycle to Struer ...

Thank You !! That is very generous ... perhaps we can take you and your bike all the way ... or did you really want the exercise !

BeoNut since '75

BeoIce
Top 150 Contributor
Recklinghausen, Germany
750 Posts
Founder
BeoIce replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 9:28 AM

elephant:

BeoIce:

That was a company I once visited called "Einstein" - a nice town that is more or less en route 

Do you live near there ?

edit:

google maps answered the question for me Laughing

Recklinghausen is en route from Arnheim !

You're correct Ed.

Perhaps we can do a small meeting of beoworld members en route ? Laughing I think iPoditiv would be with us.

Regards

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK3, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 3500, LCS9000, BeoLab 11, BeoLab 7.2, BeoLab 7.1, Beolab 4 PC, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoSound 8, Beosound 2, BeoVision 7-40 MK2 , BeoVision 7-32 MK3, BeoVision 6-22, BeoVision 4-42, BeoMedia 1, BeoCom 4, BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5, BeoLink 4 & BeoTime

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder

BeoIce:
Perhaps we can do a small meeting of beoworld members en route ? Laughing I think iPoditiv would be with us.

Sounds a great plan for the Saturday !

BeoNut since '75

BeoIce
Top 150 Contributor
Recklinghausen, Germany
750 Posts
Founder
BeoIce replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 10:28 AM

elephant:

BeoIce:

Sounds a great plan for the Saturday !

Ok, then we should wait and see what iPoditiv has to say. Would be a real pleasure to meet you in person Smile

What date will it be ? I will be on holiday from end of may to early june.

BeoSound 9000 MK3, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 3500, LCS9000, BeoLab 11, BeoLab 7.2, BeoLab 7.1, Beolab 4 PC, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoSound 8, Beosound 2, BeoVision 7-40 MK2 , BeoVision 7-32 MK3, BeoVision 6-22, BeoVision 4-42, BeoMedia 1, BeoCom 4, BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5, BeoLink 4 & BeoTime

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
858 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks for your interest.

I am leaving on May 14th in the afternoon heading north to Struer (only 600 km in a week). From Struer I plan a little beeline over Købnhavn back to Bielefeld (June 1st). You are welcome to my special holiday trip, also to a stopover in BI before or after.

iPoditiv

Peter the biker

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder

@ipoditv @beoice

We will be leaving AU on Monday 14th May and arriving in Paris on 15th to spend a week with friends, and then travel from Paris by some route or another to arrive in Struer on Monday 21st May - I believe the Lottery Tour starts on Tuesday 22nd through to 23rd but I think we probably need an updated agenda from Lee !

So I think we will miss the chance to meet beoice :-( but there is the possibility that ipoitv's paths will cross with ours at Struer :-)

BeoNut since '75

BeoIce
Top 150 Contributor
Recklinghausen, Germany
750 Posts
Founder
BeoIce replied on Mon, Mar 26 2012 1:48 PM

Hm, that's really sad Ed. Would have been a nice idea to meet you.

Martin

Lars
Top 500 Contributor
Munich
146 Posts
Bronze Member
Lars replied on Mon, Mar 26 2012 4:31 PM

Hi Fellows,

As there is only a short periode of time until I am unplugged for quite a while I have made some additional reservations today.

I ll arrive on Monday late afternoon at Karup and ll take a rental to Struer. Due to the flight schedule back to Munich I leave Struer in early morning of Thurday, my flight back is at 10am.

Just in case someone would like to share my supercar Ford Fiesta Lets have a Party !!! I am rather spending my Moon at the local BEO dealer ;-)

Cheers,

Lars

BS9000, BC6, BC2, BL3, BL11, BL3500, BL2000, BeoTime, Beo EarSet2 3i, Beo, BEO DropStop, BEO Bottle Opener, BeoCom5 including Table Stand, ATV

Christmas Prize Draw 1st Winner 2010 - THANKS A LOT!!!

Struer Trip 2012 - THANKS A LOT!!!

Large48
Not Ranked
32 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Lars,

Guess when we get the schedules we can see who gets where, when to see if we can sort out any car sharing etc,etc.

I may need to be going back to the airport early, so may need to hire my own one.

Cheers

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
953 Posts
Bronze Member

I may attend at the museum, can drive people from Billund airport, Karup Airport and Esbjerg Seaport (the ferry from Harwich, UK to Esbjerg). I have space for three in the nifty Volvo Smile

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

hemenex
Top 150 Contributor
555 Posts
Founder

I think we had that idea of meeting "other" B&O-friends somewhere after the party already.

We are driving all the way from home to Struer on Monday (will need to rise VERY early that day which normally is an absolute no-go for me Embarrassed) and will stay there 'til Sunday morning when we're heading home.

So from Wed evening (is this the "official" end?) we're open to almost everything...

Gunther

Paul
Top 500 Contributor
116 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul replied on Tue, Mar 27 2012 8:10 PM

I be going to struer in August. I would like to visit the factory as well.  Has this factory special opening hours for public or something?

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder

hemenex:
So from Wed evening (is this the "official" end?) we're open to almost everything...

Sounds a great idea - so are we - we can stay another day easily ... could even include a visit to that cave where they filmed the Tonmeister video :-)

Perhaps some of the sheep could recommend some green field explorations around Struer ???

BeoNut since '75

Page 2 of 12 (166 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL