rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

rxcohen
Top 500 Contributor
New York
201 Posts
Bronze Member
rxcohen posted on Thu, Jan 9 2020 6:40 PM

I was looking to either have B&O or my movers dismount and then re-install my TV, as I prepare for an upcoming move. I see that the TV is connected to the motorized stand via four screws. Is it as simple as unscrewing the TV from those screws (and vice-versa), or am is there something else that an installer would need to do? I am not sure if I would be paying B&O for a couple of hours charge just to address four screws.

Also does anyone have a picture of what the BV11-55 packaging looks like? I have 2 foam inserts, two pieces of cardboard and what looks like the bottom of a crate stored, but I cannot recall how it was properly packaged.

Thanks, Robert

BV11-55, BS9000, BL1, BL19, Transmitter 1, Beo4, Beocom 6000, BeoTalk1 200, Sennheiser HD600, McIntosh MHA100

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,604 Posts
Bronze Member

It’s pretty easy....if you know how to.

However, I would never let movers do that!

You can easily do that yourself and let the mover do the heavy work.

Please notice that you must be two persons to lift it off the stand.

(And please keep the screws safe!).

It could be a good idea to borrow the two transport feet from your dealer - the ones they also use when servicing the tv.

Otherweise you’d risk that the movers just lay it flat down or let it lean against ‘something’.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

rxcohen
Top 500 Contributor
New York
201 Posts
Bronze Member

If you know how to - meaning is it just the four screws or is there something else? I have the foam inserts for the bottom but not sure if that would keep the TV upright. I will ask the dealer for transport feet and see if it can be provided.

Also any idea what type of screw it is on the back? I have not been able to find the correct screwdriver to fit it.

Thanks...

BV11-55, BS9000, BL1, BL19, Transmitter 1, Beo4, Beocom 6000, BeoTalk1 200, Sennheiser HD600, McIntosh MHA100

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,604 Posts
Bronze Member

I guess that is what you’d call a hex key, also known as an Allen key or Allen wrench in english.

Alternatively you could use the original packacking for Placing the tv untill it is moved....if you still have it.

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
376 Posts
Bronze Member

There are 2 screws to undo!

do not do the 4 screws on the clamp plate  that connects to the TV. 

there are 2 small screws right in the middle of the stand and then the TV lifts off and the part with 4 screws stays attached to the TV   

rxcohen
Top 500 Contributor
New York
201 Posts
Bronze Member

Rob thanks very much - it was a mystery what those screws were there for. The dealer has not been particularly helpful in pointing this out unfortunately. I should have watched when the TV was first installed. 

Millemissen - thanks for the diagram - that is what I was looking for but could not find in the manual online.

rxcohen
Top 500 Contributor
New York
201 Posts
Bronze Member
rxcohen replied on Fri, Jan 10 2020 10:43 PM

Rob - would you happen to know what size screws those are? I only had a 5mm hex screw driver and that was too large....thx

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL