Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

New software Beolab 50

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 38 Replies | 1 Follower

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
289 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin posted on Thu, Jan 9 2020 2:52 PM

Hi,

Yesterday I uploaded a new software for my Beolab 50 (2.3.4.7045). The last software was 2.3.4.6892.

I wonder if this is the "fix" for randomly loosing contact between slave and master speaker (fast flashing orange master speaker).

Best Regards
Martin

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), New! Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K. AURALIC Aries G1 (new)

All Replies

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,253 Posts
Bronze Member

Mikipidia:
Just to be clear, they’re wired for internet and sound?

Yes correct. 

Cat7 straight between speaker slave and master DPL ports.
Cat7 straight between speaker master PL and Avant 55 PL port. 
Cat6 cable to ethernet from the DPL/Ethernet port on master to wall outlet - to media center - to router. (for internet, software update/app control).  

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,469 Posts
Gold Member
That’s all good then because i can only occasionally emmulate your app problems when I switch the speakers to wife for app control, but other than that mine are problem free on wired internet. Not that it should matter, but is the cable between the speakers in the same hole out of 3 on either side? And is it an uninterupted cable? Or do you use wall plugs or any kind of extension? Maybe silly question, but have you tried WiSa and do you have the same drop out issues in WiSa mode?

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,253 Posts
Bronze Member
Mikipidia:

That’s all good then because i can only occasionally emmulate your app problems when I switch the speakers to wife for app control, but other than that mine are problem free on wired internet. Not that it should matter, but is the cable between the speakers in the same hole out of 3 on either side? And is it an uninterupted cable? Or do you use wall plugs or any kind of extension? Maybe silly question, but have you tried WiSa and do you have the same drop out issues in WiSa mode? New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Wife mode I don’t have Big Smile.

Anyway, no I have connected them as per the instructions. The first one from the furthest in of the three outlets on master is connected to my router. The second one (middle) is connected to the furthest (inner) port of the three on the slave.

I don’t think it matters though as they are remembered by the switch and recognized as they are used every time the speakers boot up.

On master the inner one says DPL/Ethernet and on slave it simply say DPL. And in the Bl90 instruction it is stated in a figure that the connect is to be as I made it.

Yes the cable between speakers is uninterrupted but pretty long. Maybe 7 meters.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,020 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael:

- the speakers turn off immediately with it’s slow turn off due to the speaker tweeter moving. When I change between sound modes I would prefer a delay of a few seconds if I chose the wrong one by accident.

Could you clarify what your concern is about changing sound modes? On mine, if I change modes there is no movement of the tweeter at all, unless the mode change requires a change between open and wide, in which case that change occurs very quickly. Also, the sound gets softer very briefly as the mode changes.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,253 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw:

Could you clarify what your concern is about changing sound modes? On mine, if I change modes there is no movement of the tweeter at all, unless the mode change requires a change between open and wide, in which case that change occurs very quickly. Also, the sound gets softer very briefly as the mode changes.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Yes, I mean when I switch between modes on my tv and they go to standby. I have my TV set to power savings mode so speakers turn off immediately. Other Beolab are quick but 50 are like 25 seconds slow to turn off and then 25 to turn on. And makes a lot of noise doing so.

I wish they had a delay of like 30 seconds programmable all that it could be avoided when listening to different modes for comparison reasons.

Otherwise I realize I have to turn the energy saving feature off but it seems like a bad idea energy wise :).

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,020 Posts
Bronze Member
I guess I don’t have that problem as my 50s are connected to a Core and a BV7 so all mode changes are done via the app.

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
586 Posts
Bronze Member

The update is only to address a loud unexpected popping noise which can appear on the secondary speaker every once in a while. A very intermittent problem. No other bugs/fixes are introduced at this time. 

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,253 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoMegaMan:

The update is only to address a loud unexpected popping noise which can appear on the secondary speaker every once in a while. A very intermittent problem. No other bugs/fixes are introduced at this time.

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there

Okey, good thing that is adressed at least.

I have been experimenting with my speakers all evening and realize that the app is constantly crashing the webserver in the bl50. I guess there is some bad code written that makes it receive a bad commando if something happens to quickly. Íve had alot of issues with the app freezing after changing beam contol and modes.

I also for fun added the EQ settings for Beolab 5 as my friend who had them before 50 said they were more bass heavy. Which seems to be true.

Is it correct that the speakers right/left role is set under the beam control setting? Its a strange decision I feel, and when I changed my speakers to the correct roles the sound changed quite dramatically (even though they are not calibrated with a microphone yet).

The PL output I suppose is unchanged from this as the choice of right and left is made in the TV when using the PL. But for beam control the sound is managed by the speakers Sharc DSP and then it causes effects anyway. (So for you guys only using PL, check this).

Anyone here from B&O development team that can tell me why the app freezes after changing presets? I had some luck getting out of freeze by letting my TV change it, sometimes that would help, or use beam direction instead of the “listening modes”. But now its all frozen again so I guess I will have to power cycle them (which I will do tomorrow).

Is there any reason to worry that some process is hanging and causing overheating cpu in the speakers due to the bug? As is common when a process hangs in a regular computer.

As I have already today had to power cycle my speakers five times due to this “bug” I wonder if it is a bad idea to buy two hue power plugs so I can easily power cycle without having to pull the physical plug. Ideas on this?

Now a last tune of Spiegel im spiegel by Arvo Pärt before bed.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,020 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Sep 16 2020 12:57 PM
My 50s were updated to 3.0.0.257 today. Started a new thread on this but then thought perhaps this was better place. When checking the version in the app it also shows a Web-UI version with a build date of 3/20/2020.

Page 3 of 3 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL