Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

LG @ CES 2020: B&O-related announcements?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 27 Replies | 1 Follower

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
189 Posts
Gold Member
BeoFrederic posted on Tue, Jan 7 2020 12:20 AM
New TV’s with more (or less) B&O integration? Other?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,648 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by PL212
Yes, the old lg menu on my eclipse looked kinda childish and way too colourful. The lg menu on my harmony is a lot smaller and way less in your face. It looks modern and is kinda sleek. A lot more grey scales and less gloss so to say. (I don’t have pics of the menu of the eclipse any more)

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

All Replies

EgonOlsen
Not Ranked
50 Posts
Bronze Member
LG 48 size OLED. —> Horizon ????
kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
606 Posts
Founder

EgonOlsen:
LG 48 size OLED. —> Horizon ????

Now that would be a nice update! Or just fit it in a BV14 frame format and squeeze in the internals of the Stage! Instant winner for a lot of people!

Karel.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,483 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoFrederic:

New TV’s with more (or less) B&O integration? Other?

I would be happy if they made webOS skinable and add feature due the blinds that older B&O have.

The current webOS is simply childish in design and really, really ugly. I’ve refused to replace my Avant mainly because it’s so bad and not even beautiful to start or turn off.

Blinds, fade in/out sound and more discrete and elegant interface is all I hope for :)

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,843 Posts
Bronze Member

Stop teasing us!

An OLED BV14 would send me to my B&O store immediately.

But of course, simply wont happen.

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,648 Posts
Gold Member
Michael:

I would be happy if they made webOS skinable and add feature due the blinds that older B&O have.

The current webOS is simply childish in design and really, really ugly. I’ve refused to replace my Avant mainly because it’s so bad and not even beautiful to start or turn off.

Blinds, fade in/out sound and more discrete and elegant interface is all I hope for :)

Do you mean the eclipse one or the harmony one? The Harmony looks a lot more sleek and way less childish, if not modern now.

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,483 Posts
Bronze Member
Mikipidia:

Do you mean the eclipse one or the harmony one? The Harmony looks a lot more sleek and way less childish, if not modern now. New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1.

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally )

Do you mean the LG panel has these implementations made or what do you mean?

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,648 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by PL212
Yes, the old lg menu on my eclipse looked kinda childish and way too colourful. The lg menu on my harmony is a lot smaller and way less in your face. It looks modern and is kinda sleek. A lot more grey scales and less gloss so to say. (I don’t have pics of the menu of the eclipse any more)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,530 Posts
Bronze Member

@Miki

Please show us a pic of the volume control bar ;-))))))))

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,483 Posts
Bronze Member
Mikipidia:

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1.

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally )

Thanks for the photos. Can’t say for sure but it looks like it’s better but not the same as I want anyway.

I want:

The volume with numbers on top of the screen animated as before. The blinds opening and closing when turning tv on and off.

Complete black and white interface (except for app icons of course).

B&O typography (it was removed already on the android NG models sadly).

B&O should stick to their own typography and graphical identity, that’s the only way to really fulfill and communicate properly with their clients and customers imho.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
606 Posts
Founder

With regard to the digital curtain when on/off on the LG Screens...

From what I heard.. It was requested but it would take LG too much resources (man hours & implementation) to add it to the screens. 

Anyway... let's see what 2020 brings...

Karel.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,843 Posts
Bronze Member

As I'm sure you know, there is zero chance of any of this happening.

B&O have almost no involvement in the TV side anymore - the recent BV's have, as you know, been LG TV's through and though, bolted on to a B&O sound solution. Thats the way it will remain.

The Avant, BV11/12 group of products were from a different era, one where the smart part of the TV was secondary, and they got away with the poor smart / app section.  In this era the smart / app part is much more important and therefore prominent.  hat B&O have done with LG is the best way for them to offer a modern App Store / choice under a B&O umbrella.

There is no going back, sad though that may be.

On a separate note, can anyone remember why its only the LG C series that works with the B&O app?

The newly announced Gallery series (replacing the G series I think) is pretty much the wallpaper without the connection box, and flush fitting to the wall.

Its what I've always wanted, form factor wise at least - wondering if the B&O app will one day work with more than just the C series.

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,648 Posts
Gold Member
Sandyb:

On a separate note, can anyone remember why its only the LG C series that works with the B&O app?

I am unsure that’s accurate actually. What i remember mostly was the internal soc had to be able to handle it and that was c9 and up. So not b9 as that is still the c8 soc. all i can think of for the harmony is spacing and bracket to make it fit flush. But iam going to my dealer later, so i’ll ask again and get back to you.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,843 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks, that sort of what I thought.

Back when the Harmony was announced, my dealer explained that the B&O app would work on a variety of models.

Mikipidia:
Sandyb:

I am unsure that’s accurate actually. What i remember mostly was the internal soc had to be able to handle it and that was c9 and up. So not b9 as that is still the c8 soc. all i can think of for the harmony is spacing and bracket to make it fit flush. But iam going to my dealer later, so i’ll ask again and get back to you.

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,648 Posts
Gold Member
To the best of our combined knowledge it’s soc and webOs variant related. Not specifically c segment, as c segment and up have the same webOs and soc or better.

But if you think about it it makes no sense to buy anything above a c segment panel as the only thing that changes is “better” sound from lg.

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL