Is Bang and Olufsen in trouble?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 150 Replies | 0 Followers

Forester1
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Bronze Member
Forester1 posted on Mon, Dec 16 2019 11:42 AM

How else can I interpret a delay of almost two weeks in hearing from them online about my Beosound Stage which has been accepted warrants a full refund? I was told "As soon as our headquarters confirm the process, we will notify you and the return shipping label will be provided" That was on 3rd December and I have heard nothing since.

So what is going on at Headquarters? If anyone has any contact, please help. I have run out of patience.

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,334 Posts
Bronze Member

In February a new B&O shop will open in Horsens/Denmark.

So you are right - there are still some who see a future for B&O.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,047 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Dec 23 2019 10:31 PM
One of the recent financial reports mentioned a new store would be opening in Chicago also, but have yet to see anything further. Hopefully they will follow through on what was in the report and open one there soon.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,334 Posts
Bronze Member

John and the guys in Manchester seem to be rather positive too.

https://youtu.be/ix4ERQI2GNM

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

pauliander
Not Ranked
58 Posts
Bronze Member
There is absolutely no logic in asking a disproportionate high price for such a product. It will have no success then. Although I am very interested in such a product I would never buy it for a price higher than 3000 euro. There are limits to the amount people will pay for a center speaker with some smart technology behind it. The reasoning is wrong here: the Wisa center should be cheap in order to attract customers which will then be willing to buy the other B&O speakers of the home theater as well. Existing clients will want to renew their set towards Wisa. Not if the starting price is very steep. Also, no doubt within a few years more acceptable Wisa solutions will turn up from other quality brands. B&O should think twice about this.
koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,202 Posts
Bronze Member
koning replied on Tue, Dec 24 2019 9:09 AM

Are they blind?

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,750 Posts
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Tue, Dec 24 2019 10:57 AM

There we go the (negative) way again....boring.

If you want something different than the mainstream and you can afford it, buy it. Otherwise go buy online or in a big store somewhere else with the cheapest prices.

I've seen several who've tried to mix and match their gear to get the same result, but they had never, call it the " easiness", to control the set. 
I know a lot of dealers here in The Netherlands and I can say I don't hear them complaining, other than the ones who just sit and wait for the customer who enters the store. Dealers have to have actively engaged to generate turnover.

And once they have installed the setups, it's commonly professionally done and looks flawless. I still believe that there is a market for people who want a neat finishing touch.

I've been on the factory last summer and (only) then you get an impression of the amount of detailing B&O puts in their products. I think more people should see this. I think once you've seen it, you will embrace the brand more than before.

If you just want to spend 3K on a tv, that's fine, but then B&O is not the brand for you. 

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
807 Posts
Bronze Member
Beobuddy:

I've been on the factory last summer and (only) then you get an impression of the amount of detailing B&O puts in their products. I think more people should see this.

It’s a shame they don’t put any “detailing” into their software, years later they can’t get the Moment software or the B&O app to work reliably. That could be a serious impediment to their future survivability.
seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
807 Posts
Bronze Member
Beobuddy:

There we go the (negative) way again....boring....

If you just want to spend 3K on a tv, that's fine, but then B&O is not the brand for you.

The problem is that B&O is not for this guy it also doesn’t seem to be for the super wealthy either. So if the middle classes have stopped buying B&O and the super wealthy have stopped buying, one wonders.
pauliander
Not Ranked
58 Posts
Bronze Member
That’s of course the logic of a strong, powerful brand which can ask the price it wants and people will buy it anyway. But is that happening? Are enough people buying Beolab 90, 50 and 77 inch horizons at these insanely high prices? Surely there always will be somebody who will buy at a steep price. But is that number of sales sufficient to obtain a critical mass and create durable sales growth? This seems not to be the case looking at recent growth numbers, growth perspectives and stock price. Let’s not forget; B&O is a listed company and has to obey to the laws of the financial markets.
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,955 Posts
Bronze Member

@ Beobuddy. Remember a BeoVision TV is an LG TV. Prices Danish kroner.

55" - 7.999 Dkr = 916 GBP

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,750 Posts
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Tue, Dec 24 2019 12:02 PM

seethroughyou:

It’s a shame they don’t put any “detailing” into their software, years later they can’t get the Moment software or the B&O app to work reliably. That could be a serious impediment to their future survivability.

That's one of the reasons they started to collaborate with LG. B&O extends their functionality (audio processing, stand, etc) which results in a stable product.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,750 Posts
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Tue, Dec 24 2019 12:11 PM

Peter Pan:

@ Beobuddy. Remember a BeoVision TV is an LG TV. Prices Danish kroner.

Stop nagging, that's a fact we already know. I can't enjoy a bare LG panel, not to mention that everyone recognizes a B&O tv from a mile distance compared to other brands.

I'm in the privileged position to enter different B&O shops on different locations regurlary and still everytime I enter a shop the Eclipse and Harmony make their presence. Can't say that from other panels I see.(which I also see)

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,750 Posts
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Tue, Dec 24 2019 12:20 PM

seethroughyou:

The problem is that B&O is not for this guy it also doesn’t seem to be for the super wealthy either. So if the middle classes have stopped buying B&O and the super wealthy have stopped buying, one wonders.

I was searching for a Mini One for my daughter and travelled on the internet. The amount of problems I have read throughout that search, makes you wonder whether you should a Mini. However I see them on every corner of a street parked.

The negativity on the internet you read, strikes a brand like B&O harder than with other bigger (more selling) brands. That's the problem with the more wealthy  people reading reading that negativity. It's common that you hardly read the stories where people have less or no problems (as already mentioned in another topic).

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,202 Posts
Bronze Member
koning replied on Tue, Dec 24 2019 12:38 PM

@Beobuddy,

This guy owned:

Beolab 5

Beolab 1

Beolab 6000

Beolab 8000

Beolab penta

Beovision 8-40

Beovision 10-40

Beovision 11-46

Beosound 5

Beoplay A1/A2

Beotime

And you?

Stop using that for an excuse!

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
288 Posts
Bronze Member

My Holiday Season opinion.

Somebody or some group continue to think that B&O is a better play with "customer first" strategy, but doesn't behave in a customer-first way. It wants to be cool with the techies, but has sketchy tech. lt is a global brand but now only has enough presence in the entire western hemisphere to give B&O executives nice places to mix holiday with business travel. 

Auto brands are an interesting analogy for me because, like auto, electronics purchase lean heavy toward males and how we grew up and have aged. But Porsche would be very different had they not built Cayenne. Similar stories for other exotic auto brands.

Bentley, Rolls Royce, Volvo, Aston Martin, Lotus, etc ended up led by those with huge resources that they invested under their rules to get varying measure of success. Then they all started offering a line that ALL people wanted to buy and still kept their DNA. But rich companies (like rich countries) don't take orders from those they salvage. I think that is the real reason nobody has written a relatively incredibly small cheque to acquire B&O.

I hope Stage would be this Cayenne because B&O need to sell 10X Thousands to have a successful future even if what B&O prefer happens (as they have announced), and is acquired by an entity of substantial means. Flagship have  a lot to do with keeping designers and marketing consultants employed, and takeaways keep the lights on if you sell enough of them. Thing like A9 and Stage are where the money is and might attract some investment interest. 

Otherwise they can keep getting smaller and less relevant while still paying salaries to the same people for less results and justify it by annual "transformations" and kicking out the CEO every couple years.  

Pollyanna is a nice thing. Denial is completely different. Rasputin helped take down a dynasty. 

The Holiday season is a time for celebration and renewal for the next year. Hope all of you and B&O have that. 

Page 5 of 11 (151 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL