Is Bang and Olufsen in trouble?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 150 Replies | 0 Followers

Forester1
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Bronze Member
Forester1 posted on Mon, Dec 16 2019 11:42 AM

How else can I interpret a delay of almost two weeks in hearing from them online about my Beosound Stage which has been accepted warrants a full refund? I was told "As soon as our headquarters confirm the process, we will notify you and the return shipping label will be provided" That was on 3rd December and I have heard nothing since.

So what is going on at Headquarters? If anyone has any contact, please help. I have run out of patience.

All Replies

Vintage_B&O
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
300 Posts
Silver Member

I have the same problem with B&O. 

My Beosound Moment is the 3rd time broken and since nearly 4 weeks my dealer send the unit to danmark. But no response if I will get the unit back before chrismas. 

Martin
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
343 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Mon, Dec 16 2019 2:20 PM

Hi, I have also a process against B&O regarding my Beolab 50. My dealer send a complain about 3 weeks ago and they dont respond.

So what is happening? I am soon about to return these speakers and make a 100% refund. I also want to warn other people from buying the Beolab 50 right now which is a "speakerlottery" if you get a 100% working speakers or not.

Best Regards
Martin

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Beosound 5, Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K. Beoremote HALO (new), 3xBeoplay Charging pad, Beoplay M5 (new)

KMA
Top 150 Contributor
621 Posts
Bronze Member
KMA replied on Mon, Dec 16 2019 2:30 PM
I am about to buy BeoSound Stage to go with 55" LG C9, with a 2nd hand BV7 floor stand and the C9/Stage adapter from STBbrackets.

I am now hesitant based on these recent posts, and will wait out to see how B&O handles the cases. I have a dealer in my city (a multi-brand Hi-Fi store that also sells B&O), so I'll definitely buy the Stage from them and not from an online shop.

Out of interest, does anyone here have Stage with LG C9? Is the combination free from the reported audio/HDMI ARC issues?

KMA

B&O product history since 1991: Ridiculously long to list in a signature.

Forester1
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Bronze Member

Did you see this thread?

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/38725.aspx

The post refers to the C9

Mine was a different LG model. But the issue is the incompatibility of the HDMI ARC connection.

KMA
Top 150 Contributor
621 Posts
Bronze Member
KMA replied on Mon, Dec 16 2019 4:09 PM
Forester1:

Did you see this thread?

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/38725.aspx

The post refers to the C9

Mine was a different LG model. But the issue is the incompatibility of the HDMI ARC connection.

Thanks, I saw that. It increased my concern, as the C9 is supposed to be the most compatible TV with Stage – BeoRemote One integration and all. Better wait for the audio issue to be solved, then.

KMA

B&O product history since 1991: Ridiculously long to list in a signature.

Forester1
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Bronze Member

I managed to speak to someone today. They were very sympathetic and said they understood my frustration. The problem lies with their HQ. I ask myself why cannot they pick up a phone to a colleague and get it sorted immediately. How long does it take to generate an email which includes a return address and postage label? The guy said he would do what he could. Hours later I have still not heard a thing. It's pathetic.

I will keep posting about this wherever I can find B&O being talked about on the internet.

Do not buy from them online and expect follow up customer service to the standard you have a right to expect.

Forester1
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Bronze Member

Just received the following message from a B&O representative on Twitter!

Hi Peter! Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay and any inconvenience this might have caused. I just saw that your email case was updated. Our service team manually submitted your return order just a few moments ago. Within the next 4-5 hours, you will receive an automated email with the shipping label and further instructions. Please make sure to check your spam folder too.

So Twitter does have a good side!

Fingers crossed.

Forester1
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Bronze Member

At long last, I have received the information and labels that will now enable me to return the stage.

Now I will find out how long it takes for me to get the refund!

Thank to those who have taken an interest in this thread. The fact is, it should never have been necessary for me to start it.

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
475 Posts
Gold Member
I don’t think it is because of trouble you face delays.

But they struggle.

They had a terrible last quarter. Sales was down with more than 30%.

The link is Danish.

https://www.recordere.dk/2019/12/skulle-have-vaeret-fremgang-nu-nedjusterer-bo-markant/

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,195 Posts
Bronze Member

beolion:
I don’t think it is because of trouble you face delays.

But they struggle.

They had a terrible last quarter. Sales was down with more than 30%.

The link is Danish.

https://www.recordere.dk/2019/12/skulle-have-vaeret-fremgang-nu-nedjusterer-bo-markant/

Nothing that I hadn’t expected.

Did you expect miracles to happen?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,317 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Dec 18 2019 9:58 AM

Millemissen:

You ought to work in PR :)

355f
Top 500 Contributor
cambridge/london
109 Posts
Bronze Member
355f replied on Wed, Dec 18 2019 10:08 AM

"The strategic direction is unchanged, but it is evident that a fundamental change of the sales and marketing efforts is required and that we need to create a culture in which we are closer to customers and partners," chief executive Kristian Tear said in a statement. 

That seals the fate of B&O then.

Rather interestingly, I went with an associate to listen and potentially buy some BL20. Having found the Knightsbridge flagship store closed, went to Selfridges  ' we did have those but they were recalled to Milton Keynes - not sure if we wil have them anytime soon.

Off to Harrods, Yes can demonstrate but they are on WISA and the one doesn't work properly, I will try to get it going if you can come back, but it will take a while- Could I interest you in the Horizon, it fully upgradeable- heard that one before from B&O.

terrible after sales,laissez faire customer sales and service. There is no way any company can survive like this-( or deserves to) even the stuff they do sell is ridden with software problems.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,195 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

Millemissen:

You ought to work in PR :)

....and I promote this link:

https://bo.eventcdn.net/20191218/

(If you have the time - 45 min - listen).

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
578 Posts
Bronze Member
355f:

"The strategic direction is unchanged, but it is evident that a fundamental change of the sales and marketing efforts is required and that we need to create a culture in which we are closer to customers and partners," chief executive Kristian Tear said in a statement.

That seals the fate of B&O then.

Rather interestingly, I went with an associate to listen and potentially buy some BL20. Having found the Knightsbridge flagship store closed, went to Selfridges ' we did have those but they were recalled to Milton Keynes - not sure if we wil have them anytime soon.

Off to Harrods, Yes can demonstrate but they are on WISA and the one doesn't work properly, I will try to get it going if you can come back, but it will take a while- Could I interest you in the Horizon, it fully upgradeable- heard that one before from B&O.

terrible after sales,laissez faire customer sales and service. There is no way any company can survive like this-( or deserves to) even the stuff they do sell is ridden with software problems.

How could any of the central London stores not have a pair of Beolab 20’s for you to listen too??

We are based in Ealing, London and apart from Beolab 90’s we have everything on display and working. As we are not in a department store full of tourists you can actually sit, listen and spend the necessary time with us. We are a family owned and operated dealership, we take pride in our showroom, ensure everything is working and ready. So if you’re ever out west pop in and see us!

Here’s our pair of Beolab 20’s with the new Harmony 65”. Beolab 17’s as rears.

Stuart & Helen

B&O Ealing

Page 1 of 11 (151 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL