beocord 1600 reel to reel

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 19 Replies | 1 Follower

harryparos
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
harryparos posted on Fri, Dec 13 2019 6:34 PM

Good morning from Athens Greece.new to this forum i bought from ebay a beocord 1600 reel to reel in very good condition ,looks like new,but......first of all the internal amp seems not to work i connect a pair of speakers but no sound,connecting to my stereo i have sound but the quality is no good not highs at all i try to record but the result was bad with too much distortion,anyway i download the service manual and now i will try to fix it i have a basic knowllege of electronics so i will give it a try.if you have any ideas what to look first it wiil be very helpfull. in the service manual there is a B&O part number for the transistors but i dont know the exasct number of them if i want to replace any of them.

If can any one help? thanks

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

harryparos
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Don Oser

Today i finished changing all the capacitors.the result....everythings seems to be ok,no more distortion,recording is perfect,the only ones i did not change were the 2 2000μf 25 volts big white i couldnt find 2000 i put 2200 μf but after 5 minutes i heard a strong hiss coming from the speakers,i swithced off and put back the old ones and every thing became normal like before,by the way these big WICON  they write plain negative so when you look from above the 2 feet one has a small circle at the base the other is plain,so i think the one with the circle is the positive + the empty is the negative -. Is that write ?? also from the schematic diagram looks to be so the polarity,i say this because in this way i put the 2200 μf .Anyway the WICON with a capacitometer i get 1910 μf is that ok?  any sugestions if you know to relace them or leave them...thank you very nuch fo your help.

All Replies

Aad Jansse
Top 500 Contributor
Rotterdam (Neth)
146 Posts
Silver Member

Hi Harry,

Thank you for your (early) reply: perfect playback now!

Kind regrds,

Aad 

Aad Jansse
Top 500 Contributor
Rotterdam (Neth)
146 Posts
Silver Member

Hi followers of this thread,

In my latest post I was to rash as to the playback: I only listened a few seconds to it, that is to short to notice that it actually sounded like there is a blanket wrapped around the tweeter, very poor high, enough low.
is there a way to boost the high?

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
11,252 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Feb 13 2020 3:56 PM

Azimuth correctly adjusted?
Tapeheads clean?

Martin

Aad Jansse
Top 500 Contributor
Rotterdam (Neth)
146 Posts
Silver Member

I should have checked this in the first place.

Thanks

Aad Jansse
Top 500 Contributor
Rotterdam (Neth)
146 Posts
Silver Member

Strangely enough when playback directly over hims own amp, speakers connected, the sound is much better, although not quite brisk and there is also too much hum. Likewise activating the “high” slider makes no audible difference.

How come?

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL