rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 36 Replies | 3 Followers

Jensm1996
Not Ranked
23 Posts
Bronze Member
Jensm1996 posted on Wed, Dec 11 2019 12:56 PM

Hello everyone,

I recently got my Beosound Stage - Smoked Oak (And I absolutely love it!). But there is a kind of issue with the product. 

I got the product mounted on the wall and used the HDMI cable from the stage -> my brand new C9 77" TV in the HDMI ARC. Everything about the controlling and everything works, but once every 2-3 minute, the sound stops for 1 second, 2 seconds later, it stops 1 second again and then there  is nothing for the next couple of minutes again.

I've tried with another TV, same issue. Tried with another HDMI, same issue. Tryed to connect the device to my iPhone 11 Pro with Bluetooth, same issue.

I tried to restart the Stage, I've tried to reboot it, tried to connect to another internet, everything and it seems to keep on going.

Anyone knows what this may cause and how to troubleshot it?

There is no such lagging on the internet (running 200/200) and the stage is right beside my router, and when the sound stops, the picture on the TV just keep on rolling, doesn't matter if it is live TV, a netflix movie or streaming from YouTube, still comes.

Any ideas? :(  

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
240 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Esax replied on Sat, Jan 4 2020 4:44 PM
Verified by Joe
No problem on a C8.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

All Replies

Jensm1996
Not Ranked
23 Posts
Bronze Member

I just want the lags to disappear. 

Yes, I do have two HDMI options in the Stage, and the first HDMI input is called HDMI TV and the other one is calling TV in.

I have the HDMI TV from the stage into the TV in HDMI 2 which is ARC.

Yeah okay, just wanted to know if it made any difference connecting ATV to Stage and then into the TV

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
123 Posts
Bronze Member

Have you try to connect apple tv directly to HDMI A on the stage instead, make thats any different?

But it also strange it drop out of sound in the apps on the TV also. 

Of course you have reset your stage to factory would i think, and the tv :) But if not try that also. 

If nothing of this work, i would recommend you to send log fil to B&O true the B&O app, and explain your setup and what you have trie, and the drop out is not in music source, only with video source true the LG tv and HDMI source. So B&O can analyse it. give them also information of time and date and source its drop out before you send the logfil. Time and date is important they can go directly into the log at the specific time you have the drop out, and see what it can be. :) 

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
240 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Esax replied on Sat, Jan 4 2020 4:44 PM
Verified by Joe
No problem on a C8.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

agp2572
Not Ranked
NJ, USA
6 Posts
Bronze Member

Good to know there is someone having same issue as me. I am having same issue as you mentioned. Audio cuts out for 1 second or so and then resumes but video keeps playing. No issue with cable and I have the stage connect via HDMI ARC to samsung Qled 2019 model TV. I have Apple TV 4K connected to Stage directly and issue happens randomly. I emailed support but might take a lot of back and forth. Also I checked critical logs of Stage but did not find anything logged there either.

Platform: Apple Home, 100% streaming; TVBeosound Stage (Bronze) + Samsung QLED 82" TV [Apple TV 4K]; I have a pair of Apple HomePods (set in stereo) placed in rear to act as surround sound for Beosound Stage as needed Living: Google Nest Mini Bedroom: Google Nest Hub Kitchen/Dining: Google Nest Hub Max; Portable: Apple AirPods Pro

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,148 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sat, Jun 27 2020 5:49 PM

agp2572:

Good to know there is someone having same issue as me. I am having same issue as you mentioned. Audio cuts out for 1 second or so and then resumes but video keeps playing. 

I've occasionally had this issue with the Stage. Not sure I'd describe it as a full second though. More like a millisecond cut-out and then continues to play as normal for a few minutes. It's like it has to reset the audio.

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
447 Posts
Silver Member

agp2572. Your issue might be in one of the HDMI cables. If you’ve eliminated that as the source, you can try connecting the Apple TV to the Samsung and the Samsung audio out to the Stage. IF you don’t get the dropouts then something in the HDMI Arc implementation between the Apple TV and Stage is the issue. I am currently using my Stage as a music speaker only. However, I did have it hooked up to my Sony OLED initially and luckily worked with no issues.

Anyway, HomePods in stereo mode for surrounds can sound pretty impressive because of their ability to calibrate the audio for the room and listener.  

My B&O Home: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beoplay M5 (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • Beoremote X (better than Eclipse and Halo Big Smile)

kimchr
Top 500 Contributor
167 Posts
Bronze Member
kimchr replied on Sun, Jul 26 2020 12:09 PM

After installing my Beosound Stage in the full setup with a LG C9 55 a few weeks ago I also experienced audio troubles via HDMI ARC. It turned out I used a mediocre HDMI cable I had lying around already. When I swapped it for the HDMI supplied with the Stage everything worked perfect.

After reading alot on this topic I now know that HDMI arc and eARC often cause people trouble no matter what brand of gear their are trying to connect. Most often the HDMI cable is to blame and unfortunately several people report finally finding an HDMI cable working and then after a year or so it starts making quirks again. Maybe due to the terminals oxidizing or what have you.

People report buying cheap cables from Amazon and they sometimes work. Others buy the Apple TV recommended Belkin cable and it sometimes work.

I am very happy with my Stage now that I finally managed to connect it according to B&O recommendations.

Page 3 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL