Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beosound 9000 - how to clean laser

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 2 Followers

chrisdv
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
chrisdv posted on Sun, Dec 8 2019 6:24 AM

Hi,

My Beosound 9000 was not used for 2 years and the CDs aren't playing. I read on this forum that it could just be dust and that Test Mode 65 will allow me to move the laser out and clean it, but I can't figure out how to put it in Test Mode. Mine is certainly not a Mark III. 

How would you get it in test mode on Mark 1 or 2?

Thanks,

Chris

All Replies

Peter
Top 500 Contributor
Siemianowice Sl., Poland
80 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter replied on Mon, Dec 9 2019 9:53 AM

Generally to enter test mode the unit has to be disconnected from mains. Then you connect it, wait 20-30 sec, put the unit in Option 1, and start test mode: SHIFT90258 then you press CD and enter mode numer.  Not sure if it works on Mark I but please try.

israrsalter
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

Peter:

Generally to enter test mode the unit has to be disconnected from mains. Then you connect it, wait 20-30 sec, put the unit in Option 1, and start test mode: SHIFT90258 then you press CD and enter mode numer.  Not sure if it works on Mark I but please try. valentines day gifts for her

Thank you very much!! Very useful advice

chrisdv
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
chrisdv replied on Wed, Dec 25 2019 10:39 AM

Thanks, Peter. I couldn't figure out how to get mine in test mode, so I assume it doesn't exist on Mark I. I bought a disk with small embedded brushes. The challenge I had is that the player wouldn't rotate the disk since it couldn't focus (I assume). I finally got it to work by manually rotating the disk, which cleaned the laser sufficiently to start focusing and then run the disk autonomously. It works fine now.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,577 Posts
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Wed, Dec 25 2019 11:49 AM

The sequence works for every model.
Make sure that RADIO or CD shows in your BEO4 display when you enter the numbers. 

chrisdv
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
chrisdv replied on Thu, Dec 26 2019 11:24 AM

Thanks, Beobuddy. I couldn't get it to work, even though I followed the general directions. Shift is the "Back" button on the remote, right? And is the number code the same for Mark I, II and III?

Appreciate the help.

chrisdv
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
chrisdv replied on Thu, Dec 26 2019 11:24 AM

Thanks, Beobuddy. I couldn't get it to work, even though I followed the general directions. Shift is the "Back" button on the remote, right? And is the number code the same for Mark I, II and III?

Appreciate the help.

Peter
Top 500 Contributor
Siemianowice Sl., Poland
80 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter replied on Fri, Dec 27 2019 9:15 AM

Chris,

you have to add SHIFT command to LIST buton of Beo4. Then you chose that command and press OK.

mija
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Not Verified) mija replied on Fri, Dec 27 2019 11:57 AM
Suggested by mija

Hi,

The other point that is often overlooked is the sensors: the 2 half-moon sensors and the 2 transparent raised ones.

Before trying anything else just clean them (with a bit of isopropyl alcohol), they tend to be sensitive to dust.

On my BeoSound 9000 I have to clean them on a regular basis (because of the open fire).

If it doens't work, then just proceed to the test mode to clean the laser (I did it a long time ago and it worked)

Good luck

Michel

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,577 Posts
Founder

This is not needed to get the BS9000 in testmode. 

First thing (when speakers are not connected to the BS9000 directly) is to set the BS9000 in A option 1. The standby led has to blink once to confirm the command. If it doesn't respond, then it might be a faulty infrared receiver.

After the BS9000 confirms the Aopt 1, it will go in testmode.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL