Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,294 Posts
Silver Member
BenSA posted on Sat, Dec 7 2019 4:41 PM

Hi

Did the plastic on the Beosound 9000 come in different colours? I am wanting to buy a 9000 and plastic in picture has a sort of bronze colour  instead of black. I’ve never heard of them being different colours. 

Anyone confirm that there are different colours?

All Replies

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
154 Posts
Bronze Member
They did a limited edition White version. Not sure of any others.
BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,294 Posts
Silver Member
BenSA replied on Sun, Dec 8 2019 12:58 PM

I've heard of the white edition but it seems the colour of the plastic covering the control panel was changed over the years? 

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,084 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Dec 8 2019 8:14 PM

I think you mean the ridged panels (which are metal)?

I have to say, after having maybe a few hundred of these pass through my hands over the last 15 years, that they all seem to vary in hue and colour in one way or another.  As soon as you try and replace just one, the colour difference can be chalk and cheese so it's always an idea to buy the pair.

Lee

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,604 Posts
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Dec 8 2019 10:08 PM

Reminds me of a story a coworker once told me. He had worked in college at a paint shop that among other things painted equipment made by this generator/engine company. They farmed out the painting to a number of shops around the town where the plant was located. Your shop got graded by how closely you matched the paint sample they gave you, it was a square of metal painted in the appropriate color. The shop he worked at had a perfect score on matching the paint chip, when no other company did. He found out how they did it, the head of the paint shop told him the companies really didn't care as long as it was close, they just needed something to grade you on, so the first thing they did whenever they got in a new paint sample chip to match to was paint the sample, so it matched the color they were painting the generators/motors.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,294 Posts
Silver Member
BenSA replied on Mon, Dec 9 2019 7:29 AM

I've never actually touched one.... didn't realise that the panel was metal!! I didn't know that they had varied the colours. 

Stoobietoo
Top 200 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
364 Posts
Silver Member

I could just be the way it was photographed!  If you Google Beosound 9000 and then look at images that panel can look different colours. It is usually black/grey.

This website seems to suffer from that strange hue. It looks standard system but strange colour. https://www.ynvision.design/product-page/beosound-9000-mk2 

This shows another one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bang-Olufsen-B-O-BeoSound-9000-CD-Player-FM-Tuner-Mk2-Beautiful-/192991824948

Stoobie 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL