Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

If you could ask B&O to make one product just for you....

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 93 Replies | 2 Followers

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,697 Posts
Gold Member
Steve at Sounds Heavenly posted on Mon, Dec 2 2019 7:41 PM

Hi Beoworlders,

I am interested to know what you would ask B&O to make if they offered to build one item just for you for Christmas?  Please feel free to comment below, or via the link to this video review which covers the responses so far:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qilD1QTXt_I

I have added some suggestions at this link to start things off.......

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,344 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by Thomas
A Beosound 5 with touch screen, WISA, 10 TB hard drive and an UHD player/ripper built in. A one stop media centre for music, radio and films.

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,070 Posts
Gold Member
A beosystem 5 and a center speaker. A new remote a la beo6. A bl3 replacement with alt. A music system that works, bs9000 but all screen with cd player inside maybe 75% size though. A smaller lcd tv. An app for curtains on any new gen beovision, would love some curtains that are in sinc with the movement of the harmony

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1.

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,640 Posts
Silver Member
Answered (Verified) Jeff replied on Tue, Dec 17 2019 8:45 PM
Verified by kuyttendaele

vikinger:

Jeff:
I think you're right Steffen, although there are a number of traditional speaker manufacturers that manage to stay in business.

In the UK, dealer Richer Sounds currently list 235 passive speakers against 62 active. B&O were too quick to abandon the passive market.... just imagine how they could have kept a market presence with an updated passive speaker like the S45/ S45.2.

Graham

I think one of the main reasons B&O dropped passive speakers was that in order to achieve good performance in the form factors/size they wanted style wise they were pretty much forced to go active. You can play games with bass boost and extension you just can't with passives, and B&O moved away from the idea of selling components that worked with other brands and systems and went even more insular, with all B&O systems/setups. I don't personally think that was the best idea but it's the direction they took.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

All Replies

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,236 Posts
Gold Member
tlk:

The iOS app development team could upgrade the app to become "Now Playable" so it can be controlled from the lock screen:

It is .... but like many other things in the app, not as bullet proof as it should. I have stopped enabling this feature.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

VANTAGE
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member

Jeff: I fully agree… And that is also, I guess, what the dealers thought when they were asked (assuming this anecdote is true). After all, there are a lot of turntables available on the market that cost way more than € 4,000. But a B&O customer, however wealthy he/she is, is not an audiophile customer such as the ones you describe: the latter spend more time tweaking their equipment than actually enjoying it :-)

Klaus

Beovision Eclipse 65 -  BL5 - BL3

McIntosh MC601 x 2 - McIntosh C50 - McIntosh D100 -  McIntosh MHP1000 - Focal Scala V2 Utopia - McIntosh McAire

Mikael
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
154 Posts
Bronze Member
Mikael replied on Tue, Dec 10 2019 11:32 AM

I want more GVA enabled products. It should take so long to update the M3 and M5.

And an universal sound center (similar to Harmony) but at a price point just above the Stage. A Stage like product but with the ability to connect existing B&O speakers. 

Beoplay V1 with Beo4, Beolab 14.4 and ATV4/Chromecast.

Beoplay A2, A9mki (w/ Chromecast Audio), H2, H3, H8.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,554 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Dec 10 2019 1:38 PM

As do many, but it wont be priced just above the Stage (if it ever comes)

It would be double the price - i.e. closer to 3 / 3/5k.

Mikael:

I want more GVA enabled products. It should take so long to update the M3 and M5.

And an universal sound center (similar to Harmony) but at a price point just above the Stage. A Stage like product but with the ability to connect existing B&O speakers. 

AD1214N
Not Ranked
28 Posts
Bronze Member

46-inch Oak Wood Lamellas (BeoVision 14) for the BeoVision 11 (Magnetic) 🙏🏽 

Sitting Room: BeoVision 11-46 (Motorised Stand) • BeoRemote One (STB Wall Mount) • BeoSound Core • BeoLab 8000 (Wall Brackets) • BeoCom 5 (Speaker Base) • Lutron Rania IR Kitchen: BeoPlay A9 Mk4 GVA Contrast Ed Bedroom: BeoSound 35 (STB Wall Mount Bracket) • BeoRemote One (STB Wall Mount) • BeoTime • Lutron Rania IR Study: BeoSound 1 Brass Tone Bathroom/Landing: Celestial BOC86 • BeoSound Core • BeoAmp 2 On The Go: BeoPlay A2 • BeoPlay H7 • BeoPlay E8 2.0 • BeoPlay H5

tlk
Not Ranked
Denmark
10 Posts
Bronze Member
tlk replied on Tue, Dec 10 2019 8:09 PM

mbolo01:
tlk:

The iOS app development team could upgrade the app to become "Now Playable" so it can be controlled from the lock screen:

It is .... but like many other things in the app, not as bullet proof as it should. I have stopped enabling this feature.

Wow, you are right! So there is hope after all.

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
174 Posts
Gold Member
kimhav replied on Tue, Dec 10 2019 8:12 PM

Beoplay H9 with Bluetooth 5.0 which can provide audio connection with true 'lossless' uncompressed quality. When available - I'll cut the wires for headphones.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,640 Posts
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Dec 10 2019 8:30 PM

VANTAGE:

Jeff: I fully agree… And that is also, I guess, what the dealers thought when they were asked (assuming this anecdote is true). After all, there are a lot of turntables available on the market that cost way more than € 4,000. But a B&O customer, however wealthy he/she is, is not an audiophile customer such as the ones you describe: the latter spend more time tweaking their equipment than actually enjoying it :-)

Klaus

There's an old joke about audiophiles spending ever increasing amounts of money on their systems to listen to half a dozen really well recorded albums of music they don't like but that they feel really shows off how good their systems are. Stick out tongue

As you point out, different markets/buyers indeed. I used to play the audiophile game, moved from an all tube system and VPI turntable to an all B&O system and stopped obsessing over equipment and just started listening to music.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,697 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Beoworlders,

Many thanks for your responses!  I am pleased to confirm that these have been added to my video review of the survey, which is online ready for you to see here:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qilD1QTXt_I

Please let me know what you think.....

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

AD1214N
Not Ranked
28 Posts
Bronze Member

1. A new 46/48” Television in the style of BeoVision 10/11/14 with AppleTV 4K Compartment, maybe with improved sound, although the BV11/BV14 was already great. 

2. BeoLab 3 replacements maybe with a optional oak casing and aluminium acoustic lens and with Wisa, know the BeoLab 17’s was supposed to be the replacement but they’re not the same and this style would really compliment the range.

3. BeoLab 11 Replacement, very little change except with Wisa.

Sitting Room: BeoVision 11-46 (Motorised Stand) • BeoRemote One (STB Wall Mount) • BeoSound Core • BeoLab 8000 (Wall Brackets) • BeoCom 5 (Speaker Base) • Lutron Rania IR Kitchen: BeoPlay A9 Mk4 GVA Contrast Ed Bedroom: BeoSound 35 (STB Wall Mount Bracket) • BeoRemote One (STB Wall Mount) • BeoTime • Lutron Rania IR Study: BeoSound 1 Brass Tone Bathroom/Landing: Celestial BOC86 • BeoSound Core • BeoAmp 2 On The Go: BeoPlay A2 • BeoPlay H7 • BeoPlay E8 2.0 • BeoPlay H5

SoundsGood
Not Ranked
Hamburg
14 Posts
Bronze Member

I am missing a kind of Media System, with all possible Input option (HDMI, Optical Tos, Analog Audio, Phono PreAmp) with Access to Music on my NAS and Music Streaming Services like Tidal or Apple Music, Digital Output for BeoLab Loudspeaker with Digital Input. Off course wit a nice UI and a outstanding Desgin ...

A new Version of a Turntable (Beogramm) ...Anolog is still alive ;-)

I use today 2 different Systems, for my Music System I use a Linn Klimax System with a LP12 and for my TV System a new BeoVision (Harmony), BeoLab 18 and 19.

Why not one ;-)

Thomas

Mikael
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
154 Posts
Bronze Member
Mikael replied on Thu, Dec 12 2019 12:25 PM

Sandyb:

As do many, but it wont be priced just above the Stage (if it ever comes)

It would be double the price - i.e. closer to 3 / 3/5k.

Maybe I should have been a little more clear on what I meant with just above. The Harmony Sound Center (incl. front) costs about 6-7 times as much as the Stage. So a Stage like Sound Center with better sound to about double the price point would be very nice. 

It would also allow the dealers to sell more speakers, as the current path for new B&O customers is Stage -> Eclipse (if it stays) or Harmony.  You loose so many people with that steep a price increase. So they never invest in a B&O products that connects to B&O speakers.

Beoplay V1 with Beo4, Beolab 14.4 and ATV4/Chromecast.

Beoplay A2, A9mki (w/ Chromecast Audio), H2, H3, H8.

jowus
Top 500 Contributor
104 Posts
Bronze Member
jowus replied on Fri, Dec 13 2019 2:44 PM
My Wish, will be BeoSystem 5. With transmitter built in, with all the new hi techs. Is Really Hard to find Receiver for Beolabs for Surround Sound Systems! And Bringing Back Beo6 Remote! I still can’t believed they Killed that Dream in a short period of time! That Remote Pops eye opens!
jowus
Top 500 Contributor
104 Posts
Bronze Member
jowus replied on Fri, Dec 13 2019 2:51 PM
Building BeoSystems in BeoVisions is out of age, TV’s of today doesn’t last 4-5yrs, is more important to have a stand alone BeoSystems that can last a little longer than TV’s
seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
718 Posts
Silver Member
As a fan since 2000 when I spent my first ever pay cheque on B&O, I have become disillusioned with B&O. Product after product seems plagued with software issues which take an eternity if ever to resolve, poor construction (Bs5 and Moment) and abysmal customer care. Aside from their speakers which are phenomenal, I can not think of one think I really want them to make now because it will be riddled with problems and push them further into debt. I wish i felt differently but this is my honest reply. What I’d love is a B&O version of a Roon Nucleus-Innuos Zen but hand on heart if B&O attempted it, I’m confident that their attempt would be downright awful in materials, functionality and software.
Page 5 of 7 (94 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL