Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

If you could ask B&O to make one product just for you....

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 93 Replies | 2 Followers

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
2,057 Posts
Gold Member
Steve at Sounds Heavenly posted on Mon, Dec 2 2019 7:41 PM

Hi Beoworlders,

I am interested to know what you would ask B&O to make if they offered to build one item just for you for Christmas?  Please feel free to comment below, or via the link to this video review which covers the responses so far:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qilD1QTXt_I

I have added some suggestions at this link to start things off.......

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
3,510 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Thomas
A Beosound 5 with touch screen, WISA, 10 TB hard drive and an UHD player/ripper built in. A one stop media centre for music, radio and films.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
1,989 Posts
Bronze Member
A beosystem 5 and a center speaker. A new remote a la beo6. A bl3 replacement with alt. A music system that works, bs9000 but all screen with cd player inside maybe 75% size though. A smaller lcd tv. An app for curtains on any new gen beovision, would love some curtains that are in sinc with the movement of the harmony

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,793 Posts
Silver Member
Answered (Verified) Jeff replied on Tue, Dec 17 2019 8:45 PM
Verified by kuyttendaele

vikinger:

Jeff:
I think you're right Steffen, although there are a number of traditional speaker manufacturers that manage to stay in business.

In the UK, dealer Richer Sounds currently list 235 passive speakers against 62 active. B&O were too quick to abandon the passive market.... just imagine how they could have kept a market presence with an updated passive speaker like the S45/ S45.2.

Graham

I think one of the main reasons B&O dropped passive speakers was that in order to achieve good performance in the form factors/size they wanted style wise they were pretty much forced to go active. You can play games with bass boost and extension you just can't with passives, and B&O moved away from the idea of selling components that worked with other brands and systems and went even more insular, with all B&O systems/setups. I don't personally think that was the best idea but it's the direction they took.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

All Replies

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
514 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by Mr 10Percent

Too late for me now.....but an integrated peerless source for the Beolab90’s

10%

oli
Top 500 Contributor
Southeast of France
129 Posts
Bronze Member
oli replied on Wed, Dec 4 2019 4:57 PM

A Beo4 Cinema with navi button :-)

HH1971
Not Ranked
58 Posts
Bronze Member

A intuitive easy usable Bang&Olufsen App with a great user experience!

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
2,057 Posts
Gold Member

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies!  Please join the Beotalk Podcast, which goes live in 30 minutes time, as we will be discussing this issue!

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4vXRZXttpI

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
314 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Sun, Dec 8 2019 7:48 PM
An aspirin with b&o logo. To take when your b&o stuff don’t work.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
1,403 Posts
Gold Member

Chris Townsend:
A Beosound 5 with touch screen, WISA, 10 TB hard drive and an UHD player/ripper built in. A one stop media centre for music, radio and films.

I would like that too... Smile - not like the terrible Moment, which was basically just an expensive tablet! Whistle 
One of the few reasons to buy it was the "Mood-wheel"... which is nothing special anymore, as others offers something similar, as an app - or it is simply a feature at some streaming platforms.
But a modern media centre with access to all streaming platforms -and still with the ability to put in a cd/blu-ray/UHD-bluray etc. now and then... combined with the B&O craftmanship of the alu-wheels and -lever. I would buy that Cool

peria
Top 200 Contributor
321 Posts
Bronze Member
peria replied on Mon, Dec 9 2019 10:44 AM
A universal “programmable” Beo4/Beo1 inspired remote control. Yes, one that works with B&O and other brands well.
Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
540 Posts
Bronze Member
The intense dislike of the Moment misses the full gestalt of the B&O experience. This IS B&O’s fault, no question. For me, it is a beautiful DLNA access point.

Barry
VANTAGE
Top 500 Contributor
88 Posts
Bronze Member

I recently asked my dealer whether B&O had any plans of releasing a new turntable, given the resurgence of vinyl and the company's past reputation regarding these products.

He replied that there had been something a while ago. Whether it was just a question asked to the dealers, or whether a concept or prototype was shown to them, I do not know, but apparently the general consensus among the dealers was that given the forecasted RSP of this "21st century Beogram" (approx DKK 30,000 or EUR 4,000), the number of potential customers was too low for this to be worthwhile.

Mind you, I have no way of knowing whether this is true or not, so please take this with a spoonful of salt...

Current: Beovision Eclipse 65" v1 - Beolab 50 - Beolab 28 - 2 x BS2 (GVA) - 1 x BS1 (GVA) - Beoremote Halo - H9i

Past:

Beovision MX4000 - Beovision 3-32 - Beovision 7-55

Beosound 9000 - Beosound 5 / Beomaster 5

Beolab 6000 - Beolab 8000 - Beolab 5 - Beolab 3 - Beolab 17

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
692 Posts
Bronze Member

BS9000 looks with large LCD and perfect old B&O quality...and with all modern stuf in the unit :)  plus app remote :)

h1npw
Top 75 Contributor
West Bridgford, Nottingham.
1,129 Posts
Founder
h1npw replied on Mon, Dec 9 2019 5:00 PM

In response to Lee & Stonk  -  I don't really see the point of this, as nearly all radio stations can be streamed from your phone to a portable bluetooth speaker?

Cheers

Nigel

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
345 Posts
Gold Member
Flere replied on Mon, Dec 9 2019 5:49 PM
Just implement proper USB volume control in the BeoLab 50.

Both directions.

USB volume synchronization relies on UAC2 and USB HID volume commands working in tandem.

UAC2 allows the host computer to send volume commands to attached audio devices.

USB HID volume commands allow attached USB devices to send volume commands to the computer.

UAC2 works well.

USB HID does not work anymore.

- Flere

smile and enjoy the moment

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
345 Posts
Gold Member
Flere replied on Mon, Dec 9 2019 5:52 PM
The problem is that the Essence Remote volume control for the BeoLab 50 is not propagated to the USB source.

Which makes the Essence volume control rather pointless.

- Flere

smile and enjoy the moment

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,793 Posts
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Dec 9 2019 8:17 PM

VANTAGE:

I recently asked my dealer whether B&O had any plans of releasing a new turntable, given the resurgence of vinyl and the company's past reputation regarding these products.

He replied that there had been something a while ago. Whether it was just a question asked to the dealers, or whether a concept or prototype was shown to them, I do not know, but apparently the general consensus among the dealers was that given the forecasted RSP of this "21st century Beogram" (approx DKK 30,000 or EUR 4,000), the number of potential customers was too low for this to be worthwhile.

Mind you, I have no way of knowing whether this is true or not, so please take this with a spoonful of salt...

A new Begram would be a nice thing for those of us who still occasionally (at least) play vinyl, but it'd be a bad business decision IMO. The kind of people who pay that kind of money for an analog rig are the audiophile crowd, who like to constantly play with mats, clamps, different cartridges and such. I seriously doubt any of them would for an instant consider a Beogram, no matter how high performance it actually was.

I see the same issue with things like the Beolab 90. By all reports a stunning speaker, but the type of people in the high end audio community willing to pay that much for a high performance speaker are not philosophically receptive to B&O's design approach or the company itself. First thing two of my old audio buddies said when the subject of the BL90 came up was how awful it was that B&O didn't make it possible to use good tube amps or Class A transistor amps instead of those awful Class D monstrosities. Sadly this kind of audio bigotry is rampant in the high end.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

tlk
Not Ranked
Denmark
26 Posts
Bronze Member
tlk replied on Mon, Dec 9 2019 8:43 PM

The iOS app development team could upgrade the app to become "Now Playable" so it can be controlled from the lock screen:

See https://developer.apple.com/documentation/mediaplayer/becoming_a_now_playable_app

Page 4 of 7 (94 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL