Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

If you could ask B&O to make one product just for you....

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 63 Replies | 1 Follower

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,642 Posts
Gold Member
Steve at Sounds Heavenly posted on Mon, Dec 2 2019 7:41 PM

Hi Beoworlders,

I am interested to know what you would ask B&O to make if they offered to build one item just for you for Christmas?  Please feel free to comment below, or via the link to this poll:-

https://www.youtube.com/user/soundsheavenly/community

I have added some suggestions at this link to start things off.......

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,304 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Thomas
A Beosound 5 with touch screen, WISA, 10 TB hard drive and an UHD player/ripper built in. A one stop media centre for music, radio and films.

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

All Replies

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
544 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello Santa!

A Beosound with 3 CDs (mini 9000) and Apple Music built-in streaming, Siri + Alexa voice.

Powerlink and WISA output.

Never gonna happen, I know. ;)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,476 Posts
Bronze Member

A ML/NL Converter Light - just to connect the oldschool sources (of e.g. a BeoSound 9000) to the NL network (nothing more nothing less)........was my wish years ago.

Today - hmmmm.....support for Spotify Connect on the newer devices - not much to ask, or?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,078 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Mon, Dec 2 2019 8:57 PM

A nice, portable FM/DAB Radio with Bluetooth please.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,158 Posts
Gold Member
Plex app running on the Moment

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BG 4002, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

nico vercammen
Top 500 Contributor
Elversele, Belgium
164 Posts
Bronze Member
Ifttt integration (without gateway :-) )
Kasse
Not Ranked
Denmark
12 Posts
Bronze Member
Kasse replied on Mon, Dec 2 2019 9:58 PM

Affordable products in a great design and quality - just like in "the old days", where B&O were ahead of its time in terms of integration, attention to details and materials. (Beosystem 5000, 7000 etc., Beolink/Masterlink)

I´m not old enough to have bought a new TV in the 80´s or 90´s, but looking in old adverts it doesn´t seem like a B&O TV costed 15-20 times as much as other products back then. I bought a new Sony 55" Smart TV for my parents last week. It was 4000DKR. You can barely buy a portable B&O speaker for that amount. As much as I would love to own a B&O Avant or whatever they´re called these days, I just can´t justify the premium to myself. No doubt the sound and picture quality is better than the Sony, but it´s not 15-20 times better.

BeoPlay A9 Mk. II Special Edition - "Smoked Oak" + BeoPlay S3

Beomaster 5000 (x2) + Beogram CD50 (x2) + Beogram 5000 MMC4 + Beogram 5005 MMC1 + Beocord 5000 (x2) + Terminal 5000 + MCP 5000 (x2) + Beovox S120 + B&O Rack SM50 + B&O AUX Expander + B&O Form 1

Earle
Top 500 Contributor
192 Posts
Bronze Member
Earle replied on Mon, Dec 2 2019 10:17 PM

Build one thing for me? 

How about a tiny house! Furnished or not, I'd be interested to see what they come up with.

OlivierC
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
OlivierC:

I’d like to see a revamped Bluetooth Form 2 headset, maybe with some basic touch control for volume and track skipping.

It’s such a pity to see that iconic B&O design being discontinued.

Oops, this was only a personal wet dream, sorry. Smile

Olivier

Myself from another thread. Smile

Olivier

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
82 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi. 

I am not sure witch model you compare at sony, but a sony 55 for 4000 DKR you can get, but you can also get a sony for 24.000 dkr, so if you compare a B&O TV to the 4000 tv it maybe not fair at all. 

And when you buy a B&O tv, its so much more then god picture Quality. You get a 7.1 dolby decoder, with up to 16 beolab speaker you can connect, or 8 wisa compatible speaker in a full surround sound system. 

3 ways full speaker system with 450 watt, beoremote one, the best remote control to a tv, and the integration of 3 parts setup box, and a placement possible with motorised engine that far better then anyone els. Wood and aluminium parts that are handmade in one of the most advance aluminum fabric in the world. So if you take an eclipse or harmony down in different parts, and se what you get, its not a sony 55 for 4000 dkr. 

Her is why people not see what they buy, before they judge B&O. They make great TV and the best combination of TV and sound together. You get what you pay..Its easy like that. But if you dont want all the extra and only a black tv screen your welcome to buy other product, but no need to judge B&O and say it cost 15-20 times more. From sony top model to 25 000 and eclipse to 75.000 its 3 times the price, not 15-20. so please make your research better. =) 

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,304 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Thomas
A Beosound 5 with touch screen, WISA, 10 TB hard drive and an UHD player/ripper built in. A one stop media centre for music, radio and films.

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
954 Posts
Gold Member
A beosystem 5 and a center speaker. A new remote a la beo6. A bl3 replacement with alt. A music system that works, bs9000 but all screen with cd player inside maybe 75% size though. A smaller lcd tv. An app for curtains on any new gen beovision, would love some curtains that are in sinc with the movement of the harmony

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1.

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Frederic
Top 500 Contributor
Belgium
109 Posts
Bronze Member

So right !!!! every point especially the curtain part, how hard can it be.

Even Samsung have some kind of curtains but from bottom/top to center (like the old cathod tv's).

The new designers/developpers have no idea of the legacy 

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,548 Posts
Bronze Member

An HDMI and UHD drive upgrade for the BeoCenter 2.

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
256 Posts
Gold Member

New Pentas

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones A8,A9 keyring,Bottle opener,Wine Set,4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,Beoplay A1,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

Page 1 of 5 (64 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL