Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Trigger problems with beolab8000-6000 and marante amplifier

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 2 Followers

archie
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Bronze Member
archie posted on Sun, Dec 1 2019 8:52 AM

Hello,

until last week, i used many years 2 trigger cables to connect a DENON amplifier to front beolab 8000 and rear beolab 6000.

this cable:

Last week i changed my amplifier for a MARANTZ, and when i connect to the trigger output i hear a big continue "BUZZZZZZZZ" from the 4 speakers.

the only thing different is the DENON trigger is printed :DC12V 20ma MAX

and on the MARANTZ is printed DC12V 150ma MAX.

did you know if is important ?

thank you

All Replies

Jaffrey2230
Top 500 Contributor
Washington DC
105 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by Jaffrey2230

As far as I know you don’t need an external trigger for BL 8000 or BL 6000 when using the line-in connection from a source. The only time I need an external trigger is with BL 2 connecting to BL 8000, the BL 2 needs an external trigger. Perhaps Steve can suggest the right cable for you...

Beolab (8000 x 2, 2 x 1, 6000 x 4), Beoplay (A9, P6, H9 3rd Gen)

archie
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Bronze Member

hello,

i need trigger for the speakers for 2 reasons:

1 -The front speakers are connected at the video amplifier AND at a beosound 5 AND at beosound 9000 all thru powerlink. and i have a manual splitter to choose the source to play thru the beolab.

2 - connected the VIDEO ampifier to beolab is not good idea because when the sounf of the movie is
     low, the speaker switch off and switch on when the action come back.

thank you for your help.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,642 Posts
Gold Member

Hello archie,

It sounds as though there are problems with your current setup.  I recommend changing this for several reasons:-

1) Beolab speakers should normally only have a direct connection to one device at once, this should typically be the device that you use the most, or the one with the best ability to control inputs from the other devices,

2) The 12v output of a receiver or amplifier should not be used to trigger Beolab speakers.  Whilst this may work in some cases, it can cause noise problems ansd also risks equipment faults (several receiver manufacturers that I spoke to said that this type of cable could void their product warranty).

If you can please let me know the details of all the connected devices and speakers in the room, plus identify which device you use the most, I will be pleased to help you to get everything working without the noise issues.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

archie
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by archie

hello,

the problem is how to connect 2 beosound and one AV AMPLIFIER  to one pair of beolab ?

I dont want many speakers on my wall.

i have two connector box made by me : one to select BEOSOUND 9000 or BEOSOUND 5 and one to select BEOSOUND selected or AV AMPLIFIER.

that's work fine since many years but i have now a big BZZZZ in all speakers with my new amplifier.

I think the problem comes from my new amplifier, the only difference whith the denon is the maxi amper output.

may be don't use the trigger of the marantz but thru a USB 5v output.

thank you

archie
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by archie

hello,

Now it's OK its necessary to isolated with tape a part of the jack.

may be can help somebody.

thank you

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL