rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

uzz32soarer
Not Ranked
Australia
16 Posts
Bronze Member
uzz32soarer posted on Fri, Nov 22 2019 12:03 PM

Hey guys. I just purchased my first 9000 series CD changer and in the process of setting it up. The FM antennae plug looks odd, and I'm starting to wonder if it may be the end of a previously installed cable, broken off in there. 

Could anyone possibly share a picture of the AM and FM connections with no cables inserted please.

All Replies

Bill Briscoe
Top 500 Contributor
Chicago, IL USA
115 Posts
Gold Member

Congrats on getting a BS9000!  The FM jack is a standard male PAL type that has a center post in the middle. You need an antenna with a female PAL connector, it will have a hollow center post that slides over the male end center post.  The UK and European markets use PAL, in North America F type is common.  They are 75 ohm connectors.  There are female PAL to F type adapters available so you can use an antenna that has an F type connector.

uzz32soarer
Not Ranked
Australia
16 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Bill.

uzz32soarer
Not Ranked
Australia
16 Posts
Bronze Member

Next issue. Glass door.

I set up the unit this morning, laying flat on a bench and opened the glass maybe 7 times, whilst loading and changing CD's. Played music for a while then went out to work. Just came back inside and turned on the power. Went to open the door and it wont lift more than an inch. Give it a slight help on the right side and it opens. Push the button again and the door slams shut. Like drops, no gearing at all.

Absolutely perfect this morning, now not working. Like a whiring clicking sound on the right side, as though a drive cog has stripped or skipping a tooth.

Is this an adjustment issue or how can I get in there to see what's happened.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,147 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sat, Nov 23 2019 10:46 AM

It's a small drive belt. Cheap to buy but awkward to fit unless you're competent. I've started having all the 9000's I sell serviced as a matter of course as about 65% of them have this issue.

Lee

uzz32soarer
Not Ranked
Australia
16 Posts
Bronze Member

Ended up being the axle through the middle of the lifting motor gears had come adrift and allowed the gears to move out of mesh. Took a bit of sorting to get the axle back in properly and then devise a way to make it stay there. All good.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL