rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 19 Replies | 1 Follower

Aad Jansse
Top 500 Contributor
Rotterdam (Neth)
146 Posts
Silver Member
Aad Jansse posted on Wed, Oct 23 2019 2:35 PM

Recently I received help through this forum in the case of extending the use of my BC1200(R2R) by connecting it to my (white) BM2000. I assumed that I could explore now all the features of this BM, but to my disappointment I found out that choosing the FM button there is no reaction other than the tuning lights, ON, TUNING, STEREO, and the pointer, light up when turning the flywheel.That indicates that the the problem lies somewhere else:...... where, that is now my question.
The 5 FM presets are OK.

All Replies

Aad Jansse
Top 500 Contributor
Rotterdam (Neth)
146 Posts
Silver Member

Although I am aware of the fragile state of the tuning assembly I managed to break off the top right corner of this part. luckily I have  a totally lame BM 2000 and was able to cut off the corresponding piece  and glue it on the damaged unit. 

The good news is that replacing the cap resulted in ; FM problem solved

Aad

Aad Jansse
Top 500 Contributor
Rotterdam (Neth)
146 Posts
Silver Member

The new cap is in place and selecting the FM push button I get good reception now, however

it took a while to get there, because first I had to repair the top right corner of the tuninig assembly which was broken off during the repair session  ( fragile material after so many years in service): luckily I had a obsolete donor assembly from which I could "lend" the corresponding piece of material and glue it in place.

Anyway thanks for the help

Aad

Aad Jansse
Top 500 Contributor
Rotterdam (Neth)
146 Posts
Silver Member

Sorry for "double posting": I was not concentrated enough when I tried to edit my post.

Aad

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
11,248 Posts
Founder

Nice work!

In the photo the dial string is running on the screws body.
It should run on the small black wheel.

Martin

Aad Jansse
Top 500 Contributor
Rotterdam (Neth)
146 Posts
Silver Member

You are a good observer or you have younger eyes than mine.

Thank you

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL