Buying a Beogram

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

mileso
Not Ranked
29 Posts
Bronze Member
mileso posted on Thu, Oct 17 2019 3:56 PM

So i have asked many questions on here and have always been given excellent feedback, so here goes again...

I am thinking of buying a B&O turntable and although i love the Beogram 4000 good examples are very expensive. So, my questions is: is there a visually similar model with comparable performance that I could search out? Also...what (B&O) amp and speakers would get the most out of said turntable? Many thanks! Miles.

All Replies

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,915 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Thu, Oct 17 2019 5:54 PM

The other Beograms similar in looks are the 4002, 4004 and 6000. Unfortunately these will command similar prices. An alternative is the 6002 which is a 4002 in an 8002 body! (Essentially - there are differences!) These used to be very cheap - but as with all Beograms, they are rapidly getting more expensive.

Peter

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,915 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Thu, Oct 17 2019 5:56 PM

On suitable amplifier, for the 400x type deck, the Beomaster 4400 is the best, though is you find a 4004, a Beomaster 2400 would be able to control it remotely and is a beautiful receiver if not quite as powerful. Speakers are a matter of taste but I doubt many would complain about S45.2s.

Peter

politician
Top 500 Contributor
112 Posts
Bronze Member

Early examples of the Beogram 4002 and 6000 have the same brushless AC motor and Swiss internals as the 4000, though not quite the same cachet – and hence a lower price tag. (Later examples substituted cheaper Japanese internals and a more basic DC motor.)

It probably makes sense to partner these turntables with amps and speakers from the same era, though that isn't a prerequisite. My own system uses a quadraphonic Beogram 6000 and Beomaster 6000 with BeoLab 90s and 50s, with attenuators between the amplifier and speakers.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL