Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoSound 9000 MKI Missing Glass panel - How does this effect the function?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

TiltsAtWindmills
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
TiltsAtWindmills posted on Mon, Oct 14 2019 11:47 PM

Hi, All-  I just picked up a BeoSound 9000 MKI at a garage sale. It seems to work pretty well, except that, at times, it acts like it is 'confused.' It will play through a CD or a selection, but when I try to get it to move to the next CD, it freezes up, and eventually shuts itself down. I find I have to shut off the machine entirely, using the red master power button, and then turn it back on, to get it to operate, again. The glass panel is missing on this machine, and my understanding is that the position of the panel does influence whether the machine will play or not. The arm that would operate the panel has to be in the open position for the machine to work, but as it plays a CD, that arm retracts to the closed position. Could this weirdness I am experiencing in playback be solely due to the absence of the glass panel?

Another item- It has the FM antenna attached, and pulls in FM stations well. However, it does not pull in AM stations, at all. That seems odd...

Thanks in advance for your input!

All Replies

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
Slovenia
584 Posts
Silver Member
marexy replied on Tue, Oct 15 2019 10:45 AM

Hi

You need glass panel asap !

Without one your BS will not operate as it should at least CD part.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,291 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Tue, Oct 15 2019 11:33 AM
When I had a BS9000 it needed a separate AM aerial. From memory mine was a very thin long wire. Without it I got no reception.
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,291 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Tue, Oct 15 2019 11:35 AM
There are sensors on the front of the BS9000 (clear Perspex). These prevent the CD mechanism moving if they are obstructed. Without the glass door, as marexy said, they will not allow the CD mechanism to move properly.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL