rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 44 Replies | 1 Follower

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
ianpugh posted on Fri, Oct 11 2019 6:15 PM

Hello,

I cannot set an alarm using Tunein via the Bang & Olufsen app either on IOS or Android. The first page of the app allows you to set an alarm. However I get the message that you cannot use radio as an alarm unless you sign into Tunein. But this is wrong because I am signed in. Further in the app you can find “product settings” - “configure product” - “my content” where I have already signed into Tunein.

Also via “product settings” - “configure” - “clocks and alarms” you can set an alarm that does allow you to use Tunein. You can set an alarm here with Tunein and it works but on the front end of the app it says you are just using an alarm tone. If you make any changes to the alarm via the front end of the app the alarm changes from radio to alarm tone  

I understand that “product settings” -  “configure” menu actually takes you into the OS of the M5 itself. So this leads me to believe the app is not communicating with the M5 properly. Using the M5 OS to set the alarm is not very convenient. The M5 OS settings screen is hard to read on a phone and you have to go through 4 menus to get to it. It would be much better if you could use the simpler interface in the front end of the app itself.

I have attached screenshots to illustrate this problem. Does anyone else have this problem or does it work for you? I have the latest M5 software presumably because automatic updates are set. It is 1.21.34088  I also have the latest Bang & Olufsen apps on both IOS and Android.

[First screenshot from front end saying I am not logged in to TuneIn and not giving me option to choose Tunein for alarm]

[Second screenshot from M5 OS showing I am logged in]

[Screenshot showing alam set in M5 OS with Tunein]

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,544 Posts
Gold Member
Answered (Verified) mbolo01 replied on Tue, Oct 15 2019 10:46 PM
Verified by ianpugh
I may have a solution:

Go in the app settings

Beolink

Deactivate the surveillance option

Go back and check If you now have radio and music options.

I created a new account and faced the same issue you have. By playing with the above option I managed to have the radio / music options available.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

All Replies

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,544 Posts
Gold Member
Have you been there?

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes - this was suggested earlier but there is no “radio” button in my app as per the screenshots I previously posted. 

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes - this was suggested earlier but there is no “radio” button in my app as per the screenshots I previously posted. 

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes - this was suggested earlier but there is no “radio” button in my app as per the screenshots I previously posted. You can see below that the "radio" option is not there.

PLEASE EXCUSE THE TRIPLE POSTING. IT WOULD APPEAR B&O ARE NOT EXPERTS AT APPS OR WEB INTERFACES.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,544 Posts
Gold Member
ianpugh:

I see, sorry I missed this one .... and you don’t have the « Music » option either ... weird

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

It’s very weird. I appear to be the only person with this messed up app. Odd that it’s the same on 3 devices - iPhone, iPad and Android phone. And B&O haven’t really said anything. 

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

Can you share the full version number of your App please? It also seems that everyone else has a non-UK version. Did I read somewhere of a dispute with Tunein in a country somewhere on this forum?

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,544 Posts
Gold Member
Pure guessing:

As you have the same issue with both IOS and Android apps, the only common denominator is the B&O account used by both apps that preserve information about your profile in their cloud.

Why would music and radio info be recorded here, I don’t know, but maybe you could try cancelling the B&O account and create another one to start from scratch, assuming B&O will not keep info based on your sole email address ....

That said, It is not a normal behavior ...

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,544 Posts
Gold Member
ianpugh:

Can you share the full version number of your App please? It also seems that everyone else has a non-UK version. Did I read somewhere of a dispute with Tunein in a country somewhere on this forum?

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,544 Posts
Gold Member
ianpugh:

Did I read somewhere of a dispute with Tunein in a country somewhere on this forum?

I think you are referring to BBC radios potentially no longer available in TuneIn in some circonstances

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I signed out and then signed in again with a new address and still no "radio" option. So I added the M3 first that didn't change anything. Same for M5. So I have gone back to my original account and re-added all 5 devise to my phone and iPad again. Still no luck.

I appreciate all your suggestions but nothing has worked and I have wasted several hours on this now.

Come on B&O - time for you to step up? 

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,035 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Tue, Oct 15 2019 10:05 PM
Have you tried submitting a customer support request through the app? I had a question a few days ago and received a response back within a couple days.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
ianpugh replied on Tue, Oct 15 2019 10:23 PM

I used the in-app support form middle of last week and still have not had a reply. I ended up calling their online sales support line and got through to somebody who did some diagnostics with me and agreed that for some reason the app was not receiving the status of the TuneIn connection from the M5. He didn't mention any Radio button then.

Apart from somebody replying in the ticket that there were potential solutions in the forum I have heard absolutely nothing back. Not very impressed. Great product + lousy service eventually = poor product.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,544 Posts
Gold Member
Answered (Verified) mbolo01 replied on Tue, Oct 15 2019 10:46 PM
Verified by ianpugh
I may have a solution:

Go in the app settings

Beolink

Deactivate the surveillance option

Go back and check If you now have radio and music options.

I created a new account and faced the same issue you have. By playing with the above option I managed to have the radio / music options available.

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
ianpugh replied on Tue, Oct 15 2019 11:21 PM

Hurrah! You solved it!

Beolink was not enabled (there was no surveillance option). I enabled it and voila - the radio button appeared and I can now set the alarm with Tunein via the app. 

Thank you very much. You clearly know your way around these systems better than Beoplay support people.  

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL