rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 44 Replies | 1 Follower

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
ianpugh posted on Fri, Oct 11 2019 6:15 PM

Hello,

I cannot set an alarm using Tunein via the Bang & Olufsen app either on IOS or Android. The first page of the app allows you to set an alarm. However I get the message that you cannot use radio as an alarm unless you sign into Tunein. But this is wrong because I am signed in. Further in the app you can find “product settings” - “configure product” - “my content” where I have already signed into Tunein.

Also via “product settings” - “configure” - “clocks and alarms” you can set an alarm that does allow you to use Tunein. You can set an alarm here with Tunein and it works but on the front end of the app it says you are just using an alarm tone. If you make any changes to the alarm via the front end of the app the alarm changes from radio to alarm tone  

I understand that “product settings” -  “configure” menu actually takes you into the OS of the M5 itself. So this leads me to believe the app is not communicating with the M5 properly. Using the M5 OS to set the alarm is not very convenient. The M5 OS settings screen is hard to read on a phone and you have to go through 4 menus to get to it. It would be much better if you could use the simpler interface in the front end of the app itself.

I have attached screenshots to illustrate this problem. Does anyone else have this problem or does it work for you? I have the latest M5 software presumably because automatic updates are set. It is 1.21.34088  I also have the latest Bang & Olufsen apps on both IOS and Android.

[First screenshot from front end saying I am not logged in to TuneIn and not giving me option to choose Tunein for alarm]

[Second screenshot from M5 OS showing I am logged in]

[Screenshot showing alam set in M5 OS with Tunein]

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,658 Posts
Gold Member
Answered (Verified) mbolo01 replied on Tue, Oct 15 2019 10:46 PM
Verified by ianpugh
I may have a solution:

Go in the app settings

Beolink

Deactivate the surveillance option

Go back and check If you now have radio and music options.

I created a new account and faced the same issue you have. By playing with the above option I managed to have the radio / music options available.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

All Replies

beopaul
Top 500 Contributor
79 Posts
Bronze Member
I just tried the same thing and it works for me. US market.
ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for letting me know. Do you have the same firmware?

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

And did yo set it via the Bang & Olufsen app on IOS or Android?

beopaul
Top 500 Contributor
79 Posts
Bronze Member

ianpugh:

And did yo set it via the Bang & Olufsen app on IOS or Android?

Via iOS app. Got my David Lynch edition M5 just a few days ago, and installed the latest firmware. 

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,097 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, Oct 11 2019 10:22 PM
I have had instances where the app shows me logged in to Tune In or Deezer but the BeoTool app shows the service as not configured. Logging out and back in solves the problem with BeoTool. Might be worth trying log out/log in to see if it solves the problem.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I wasn’t aware of the BeoTool app (there are so many apps for B&O!). I’ve installed that and it shows that I am logged into TuneIn as a service and I have the latest firmware. 

So BeoTool shows I am logged into TuneIn, the M5 itself says I am logged into TuneIn. It’s just the Bang & Olufsen app which says I am not. There must be a problem with the app but it’s odd if that works for other people. 

Have reported the issue by phone to B&O (the web form never even gets an acknowledgement) so I guess it’s a case of waiting and hoping the next app update fixes it for me.  

MJ
Not Ranked
52 Posts
Bronze Member
MJ replied on Sat, Oct 12 2019 10:42 AM

Hi ianpugh,

I've had exactly the same problem. However I found a workaround that worked for me:

- In the Bang & Olufsen app go to settings > Radio > Personalize, and switch the toggle 'favorites' off. Then click on 'Products' in the lower left corner. Then repeat this sequence, settings > Radio > Personalize, and which the toggle 'favorites' on again.

In my case, with this workaround I was able to select TuneIn and my favorite radio stations as type of alarm. 

Let us know if this works for you as well :-) 

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi MJ,

Thanks for the reply and suggested fix. Can I check what app you are referring to as the ones on my iPad and iPhone (and my partner's Android phone) do not have a "Radio" setting?

Kind regards,

Ian

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,658 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Oct 13 2019 10:16 PM
In the B&O App main screen, start here

You’ll find Radio and the option that may help fixing your issue.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
ianpugh replied on Sun, Oct 13 2019 11:55 PM

httpsI think you have a different app. There is only a Bang & Olufsen app available. I think there was a Beoplay app in the past but it is no longer available. At least not in the App Store or Google Play store. 
The app I have has no radio option as per the screenshots below:(to follow in morning)

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
ianpugh replied on Sun, Oct 13 2019 11:55 PM

httpsI think you have a different app. There is only a Bang & Olufsen app available. I think there was a Beoplay app in the past but it is no longer available. At least not in the App Store or Google Play store. 
The app I have has no radio option as per the screenshots below:

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,097 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Oct 14 2019 1:52 PM
Strange that you do not have the radio option. Just looked at the app on both my iPhone and iPad and the option is there.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,097 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Oct 14 2019 2:01 PM
If you go to the configure menu for the M5, then content, then sources, then in local list, is Tune In checked as a selectable source in the list? Don’t know if that would make a difference, just a thought I had.

Also, what version of the app do you have? The app on my iPhone updated this morning to 2.9.

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi again Razlaw,

And you're checking with the M5?

Kind regards,

Ian

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL