Can I add Sony smart TV to my B&O set?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

SharpEars
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
SharpEars posted on Thu, Oct 10 2019 9:33 AM

I have numerous bits of B&O kit around the house and as old as it is, I am pretty content with it. A few years ago, I got rid of my BV1 TV's and I really miss the ability of playing music from my 900 through them, so I want to place a pair of B&O speakers and a subwoofer in my TV room where there is now a Sony smart TV. Naturally, I would also want to play the TV through them. Can I add those speakers in such a way that I can still listen to the 9000 source _and_ the TV separately?

Will a BeoSystem 3 enable this?

All Replies

BeoMatthew
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member

Basically yes, though you'd be hard pressed to use a single remote control which may or may not sour the experience. You'd always have to engage the source with a B&O remote and control the volume that way as well. B&O IR is notoriously difficult to use universal remotes or control systems with as it's way outside the normal range. 

That being said, if you have an audio system you'd go from the TV's optical output into a digital to analog converter (these are small and cheap) and into the Aux input. You'd select A.AUX on your remote and you'd be good to go. If you have an Active Kit then you'd do the same thing and connect to the local PC input and select PC on the remote. 

Jaffrey2230
Not Ranked
Washington DC
55 Posts
Bronze Member

My set up is connected to a Sony smart TV:

1. Variable line output to BL2 from TV using stereo to BL and trigger cable (all from Sounds Heavenly)

2. Apple TV to Sony TV via HDMI

3. BL 2 to BL 8000 via Powerlink 

I use Sony or Apple TV remote.

I also have an LG set up with the following:

1. Apple TV to LG projector via hdmi 

2. LG projector headphone out stereo splitter one stereo to RCA to Cambridge Audio Subwoofer and one stereo to RCA to BL 6000 (cables from sounds heavenly)

Both work perfectly as AirPlay 2 receiver as well.

2 x Beolab 8002 + 1 x Beolab 2 [Office]

2 x Beolab 6002 [Bedroom]

1 x Beoplay A9 Mk2 [Living Room]

1 x Beoplay P6 [Anywhere]

Jaffrey2230
Not Ranked
Washington DC
55 Posts
Bronze Member

Sorry. Meant to add that Steve from Sounds Heavenly can probably sell you a cable that can make any connection possible!

Jaffrey2230
Not Ranked
Washington DC
55 Posts
Bronze Member

Sorry. Meant to add that Steve from Sounds Heavenly can probably sell you a cable that can make any connection possible!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL