rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

hjmoore7
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
hjmoore7 posted on Tue, Oct 8 2019 2:08 PM

Hi,

I am currently using the Kef R300's as centre, front and rear speakers combined with a B&W PV1D subwoofer and 4 KEF Ci200rr-thx ceiling speakers.

I am torn between getting beolab 18 fronts + with beolab 17 rears or getting beolab 17 for both the front and rear speakers.

Ideally I would like to keep the PV1D sub, but am very tempted to get the beolab 19 sub to complement the speakers - from any experiences do you know if the beolab 19 would be worth upgrade? Not just in terms of performance but a reduction in dealing with vibrations (I live in an apartment)?

As i mainly uses the speakers 90% movies 10% music, a centre speaker is of high importance to me.

Sorry if there have been any repeated questions, and would much appreciate any advice.

Thanks

All Replies

Jaffrey2230
Not Ranked
Washington DC
55 Posts
Bronze Member

In my humble opinion the beolab 17 will destroy the KEF R300 for movies. The sound is richer, deeper and more spatial. In fact even older Beolab 8000s can outperform the KEF R300. I think your BL18 + BL 17 combo is an excellent idea. For subs I think your are better off with a dual sub set up - pick REL T7i are excellent and you can get 2 for 1/2 the cost of a BL19.

My 2 cents worth....

2 x Beolab 8002 + 1 x Beolab 2 [Office]

2 x Beolab 6002 [Bedroom]

1 x Beoplay A9 Mk2 [Living Room]

1 x Beoplay P6 [Anywhere]

hjmoore7
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Hey Jaffrey2230 thanks for taking the time to respond to my post Smile

If you think the BL 17's would be such a massive upgrade over my kef r300's - would that massive jump in quality mean that just getting BL 17's front and real be more than enough? Or is paying the extra money for the 18's worth it?

Do the BL 17's then also work well as a centre? 

Thanks

hjmoore7
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Hey Jaffrey2230 thanks for taking the time to respond to my post Smile

If you think the BL 17's would be such a massive upgrade over my kef r300's - would that massive jump in quality mean that just getting BL 17's front and real be more than enough? Or is paying the extra money for the 18's worth it?

Do the BL 17's then also work well as a centre? 

Thanks

Jaffrey2230
Not Ranked
Washington DC
55 Posts
Bronze Member

If it were me, I’d get the BL 17 and use the savings get a pair of good subs. The bang for the buck will be worth it IMHO. I have listened to the BL 17 which a friend of mine has and they sound great. The Subs will take care of the extra bass and effects in movies. The BL 17 are under rated for how great they sound. One of the best bookshelf speakers at any price.

Jaffrey2230
Not Ranked
Washington DC
55 Posts
Bronze Member

If it were me, I’d get the BL 17 and use the savings get a pair of good subs. The bang for the buck will be worth it IMHO. I have listened to the BL 17 which a friend of mine has and they sound great. The Subs will take care of the extra bass and effects in movies. The BL 17 are under rated for how great they sound. One of the best bookshelf speakers at any price.

Stones
Not Ranked
52 Posts
Founder
Is it possible to buy odd numbers of BL17 speakers?

If YES: you could buy five and use one as centre.

If NO: you could buy six and use two as centre or sell one of them to another person in the world facing the same “problem”.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL