rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Poly
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Poly posted on Mon, Oct 7 2019 7:30 PM

Hello fellow b&o'ers :)

I recently bought and set up a pair of Beoplay S8's in my living room, and while I'm impressed with the sound I'm less impressed with the connection hub. Whenever the speakers switch to stand-by the connection hub makes this horrible and quite loud hissing noise. I called the b&o dealer whom I purchased the speakers from and he told me I had to send it in for repairs (I would have to go 2-3 weeks without it, so without being able to use my speakers) which really bugs me as they were quite expensive and brand new out-the-box (this issue was there from the beginning). I was really hoping someone could come up with a possible solution :) Note that I wont be able to switch the line-in as I'm running them on a non-b&o tv (hence the connection hub). Thanks in advance and kind regards Magnus

All Replies

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,891 Posts
Bronze Member
All units has that damn noise Sad
Esax
Top 500 Contributor
130 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Wed, Oct 9 2019 3:43 PM
That’s why I sold mine.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Poly
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Poly replied on Wed, Oct 9 2019 9:55 PM

Really? It's unbearable and the noise is really loud :-( I called the store a few weeks ago and he said that they would "tweak it" (the connection hub) when/if I sent it in for repairs, but basically what you're saying is that that it would most likely not really change anything at all?

Poly
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Poly replied on Wed, Oct 9 2019 9:55 PM

Really? It's unbearable and the noise is really loud :-( I called the store a few weeks ago and he said that they would "tweak it" (the connection hub) when/if I sent it in for repairs, but basically what you're saying is that that it would most likely not really change anything at all?

Poly
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Poly replied on Wed, Oct 9 2019 9:56 PM

Did you try and contact the b&o store you bought it from? And if so what did they tell you? Surely it has to be their problem since you've got warranty for at least two years

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
740 Posts
Gold Member
Mine does the same thing. So annoying.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL