Beocord 5000 4923 Belts/Reel

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 0 Followers

OfficerObie59
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
OfficerObie59 posted on Thu, Oct 3 2019 11:45 PM

First post and I’m looking for some advice, so please bear with me if I’m violating any forum norms and not using proper terminology...

I just picked up a Beocord 5000 4923 at a local thrift store. Belts are gone (and turned to goo) which I expected, but the rubber roller behind the takeup reel that appears to driven by a brass capstan is shot as is the takeup reel peg (specifically, the plastic part of it that retains the roller) and also what appears to be a plastic brake.

While every tape forum I read said to come here for belts, I can’t find a thing online for transport parts. I read that this is a Naki transport, but I haven’t a clue as to which one. I’ll try to post some photos shortly.

Bottom line, are these parts unobtanium, or is there a way to source them? I’d love to add this to my system, but if it makes more sense to sell it for parts, I’ll probably end up doing that instead.

Thank you,

Obie

All Replies

OfficerObie59
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
10,977 Posts
Founder

That right reel table was bodged pretty good. It even seems to have eaten away at the black plastic brake arm as well!
I have the correct belts, new rubber parts for the reel tables and practically every other part you may need for this Beocord.
PM or email me.

Martin

OfficerObie59
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Email sent.

Out of curiosity, any idea what might cause this to happen? I'd hate to replace the parts just to have it occur after I fix it. Judging by the damage, that part was probably smoking at some point.

Visible damage is clear on the three parts circled. I didn't see this when I posted last night, but the piece circled to the right of the rell table also has a pretty good divot from the rubber on the reel table which appeared to be spinning when it wasn't.

Obie

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
10,977 Posts
Founder

You'll need something like this:

The rest, I think, will just need a good cleaning.
Why this happened is difficult to say, but it's quite common to see the rubber on the reel tables turning hard, and that
could have started the eating of the brake arm.

Martin
(Happy to see a Beocord problem that wasn't caused by cheap Ebay belts, requiring a replacement motor+)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL